Game crash or freeze during tutorial

I can npt complete the tutorial, I had the game crash on the first mission, just after the 3 enemies appear. Did a verify on the game and rebooted my pc.

Restarted and got to the second mission on the tutorial, game now freezes during enemy turn just after being told to use the jet pack on my soldier. The freeze seems to be on the graphics, game is still running and I can hear sounds as i move my mouse, like the sound for hovering over a button.

This freeze has happened twice now in same spot. I am running a 1080 ti

2 Likes

I’m having exactly the same issue.
Along what op tried, I also updated my drivers.
Still crashing my graphics driver randomly in missions.

Same here, updated drivers nothing, changed NVIDIA driver settings nothing, changed various in-game graphics settings nothing, amazing that a bug that freezes tactical gameplay was not addressed after all this time. (only difference is that this is happening on the 2nd mission not the tutorial).

I had the game freeze on me about 4-5 times on the second mission of the tutorial. I dumbed down the graphics settings but still had issues. Today I reset my 2080 TI OC settings to factory and had no issues with freezing. Still have dumbed down graphics settings but able to play the game!

Game crashes to desktop for me very early into the tutorial. Sometimes I get a shot off. Consistently crashes and has done so about a dozen times.

GeForce RTX 270 with a processor and memory to match it’s power.

I’ve reinstalled the game, reinstalled Windows (clean), dropped the settings to the lowest and prayed (but I’m not very religious so I may have done it wrong).

One error in the event viewer (with no other warnings or errors occurring near the time of crash):
Faulting application name: PhoenixPointWin64.exe, version: 2018.4.5.14584, time stamp: 0x5d320d58
Faulting module name: UnityPlayer.dll, version: 2018.4.5.14584, time stamp: 0x5d320ec5
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000115ad00
Faulting process id: 0x678
Faulting application start time: 0x01d5ab0e439cc837
Faulting application path: D:\EpicLibrary\PhoenixPoint\PhoenixPointWin64.exe
Faulting module path: D:\EpicLibrary\PhoenixPoint\UnityPlayer.dll
Report Id: 5207f6a3-7b8b-4759-bf7f-40df00b22418
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Well, hope this gets fixed soon.
I’ve been defending this studio thru a lot, this kinda makes me think karma aint a thing :confused:

Some overclocking done? Tune it down as suggested in other thread.

Most people don’t overclock, factories do, but yes as i stated in another thread if your card is factory overclocked remove that overclock via software if the game freezes up.

Having the same issue. Happens during every tactical match, sometimes it’s a freeze (can hear sounds etc), sometimes freeze + laggy cursor, sometimes it’s a complete crash of the game.

Rig: predator orion 5000
i got the latest drivers and no overlays are active, i disabled overclocking also. Problem persists.

By disabling overclocking what do you mean? Did you have OC on the card and just disabled that? Or did you reduce the clocks of the card to its Stock (vanilla) version? The 2nd should work.

Ok so I disabled overclocking, reinstalled game, updated drivers and windows updates, launched as admin, added exception in antivirus
And it still crashes the same.

Freezes in-game but you still hear sounds or crashes to desktop? The OC fix worked for me with freezing while in tactical mode.

When I start tutorial, about 6 to 8 seconds in game goes white; throws me to desktop, says graphic diver crashed. Music still on, and game is “running” but not responding

If I skip tutorial it crashes when I try to start mission

Hi, while I was playing League of legends and was searching for some tips for the Amumu Counters my game just freezes after I restart the game there was no sound what should be the problem I just need to reset the settings or something else is the problem?

Hi, Say what were you playing? You know this is not forum for League of Legends?

Experiencing the same freezing since Steam release. Didn’t experienced it all the way 260 hours on Epic Games, now it is approximately every 5 hours of play. Tried to reinstall the game, change resolution, set graphics to minimum - didn’t worked. When game freeze, sounds are heard, but nothing helps to exit, only hard reset. Interesting peculiarity: I’m always play with music on my player on, and after that freese music repeat cyclically, last 2-3 seconds of song that played. I will be soooo sad if this problem won’t fixed, I donated to this game and really love it. AMD Ryzen 5 2600 6-Core processor, Windows 10 x64, NVidia GeForce GTX1650. Such freezing is only with this game, any other application or game didn’t do that.