Well, after putting a few hours into BB5, I felt I should give you feedback in the hopes it could be unique.
Please feel free to ignore it all, as you probably already have plans for a few of my suggestions.
The game was good to play, I had to hold myself not to play again and again because I really don’t like the idea of spoiling more of the final game. However, some things felt repetitive and some felt too “mechanical” (as described in a few items below).
- Footstep sounds and music are great for immersion.
- Stealth/encounter system is just what I expected!
- Management depth is great (I’m counting things I already know are missing from BB).
- Animations, environment destruction, overall art is spectacular, triple A+ quality.
THINGS TO IMPROVE/SUGGESTIONS:
- Enemy AI. Most of the time, I felt like I was playing dummies. They shoot, but they could prioritize weapons targeting, snipers, etc. Just what most players would do.
- Ladders everywhere. I understand it adds to the tactical layer, to be able to get the higher ground, but I think it damages immersion. I remember in the old XCOM games, where you had to navigate through a building to be able to get to the roof, and this could reward you with really creepy moments. Now, almost every building and house has an external ladder. I really miss the classic xcom elevators
- Geoscape exploration: IMHO, it felt too automatic. I mean, click on a circle, explore, scan, find more circles to click. I think the decision of going somewhere should be important. I think missions could be a surprise. For random sites. the player should decide if the squad is deployed without knowing if there is a real mission available. It could be an ambush, or maybe they could have anti-air defenses and be a thread to the transport.
- Phoenix is overpowered from the start. I think the game will start too easy the way it is. I mean, I quickly built grenade launchers and took an entire map down when things got hard. I also think the armors are just too cool. I mean, unless you have something really spectacular in store for the late game, of course
- I think the game could start with a mission where the player finds and gains access to the first phoenix project base. This would seriously add an immersive story begin.
- Auto-opening doors, please no!
Just trying to help here. Keep up the good work and congratulations for everything so far!