Eta on the infinite geoscape bug?

Nah… They sometimes respond. But to be more precise it is one way communication mostly. :wink:

Still not fixed… if that is not incompetance then idk what it is

@Him have you tried to delete autosave file as suggested in solution?

@Valygar maybe propose to the devs that the game should have option to turn off autosave? Will that be possible with current save system? Won’t it break save game files or some other mechanic?

I think that these are really rare cases, but for some players they happen and they are gamebreaking, and since you can’t influence how other programs interact with autosave file, then maybe just disable it?

I don’t think you can just turn off autosave. I may be wrong, but it seems like devs used save and load as a way to “trigger” garbage collection. Game is autosaved after the mission and autoloaded to bring back “fresh” geoscape, without battlescape scene, assets and such. If something interrupts creating new autosave file, it will (and does, hence the issue) load old one. If I am right about the GC reason, it won’t be that easy to fix (not at this point).

I don’t buy the explanation that this is operating system issue and not the games fault. If this is IO issue, why is only PP affected? If OS prevents the save file from being accessed the correct question would be: what PP do with IO that OS prevents game process overwriting the file?

Not sure what you mean. If nothing helps then try to refund the game.