Don't like facefraggers

Nice ideas! I didn’t even think of them enhancing aliens.

Yeah, same here, the “alien support” sounds really cool :smiley:
Aside from that, some ideas…

Maybe instead of the “mindcontrol head” they have a spitter head that does normal damage as the spitter does (but of course, the alien is much easier to kill).

Zombifier: A VERY dangerous mutation, the mindfragger takes irreversible control of your soldier and turns him/her into a zombie, and if you don’t kill the infected unit ASAP, he/she explodes into a bunch of other zombifier larva! (Chrysalid equivalent)

Mister: The larva attaches and can’t be shot off easily, necessitating several rounds of patience until it falls off by itself. In that time, it constantly drains the afflicted soldier’s willpower while generating mist around him/her, which means you’ll have to isolate your soldier or else he/she will enshroud your units in the debilitating mist.

Debilitator: Also hard to shoot off, this morph reduces all soldier stats (accuracy, TUs, etc) as long as it’s attached.

Your turret is stupid and perceives the mindfragged soldiers as enemies, shredding them instantly.

btw Turret became really powerful in that recent build, and they have only changed damage from 3 to 4 and max ammo from 64 to 80. But now turret rips through almost everything. :slight_smile:

I haven’t bothered using the turrets since the first build. They were kind’ve pointless then. Sounds like I need to give them another go.

Just don’t use them on Scavenge missions where you have mobile Mindfraggers. :wink: And remember they don’t go back to base with you unfortunately. But except Armadillo and Grenade Launcher they are most powerful weapon you can have for medium range. :slight_smile: Long range still belong to Sniper Rifle. Close range to Shotgun and Machine Gun.

1 Like