BB4 problem landing at haven under attack

I did the F12 thing on this, but I’m not sure if it’s something I’m just doing wrong.

Every time one of the havens is under attack I fly there and get option to either land and help, or leave. I select land and help, and then the box goes away, but I never actually land. My jet just keeps flying around the haven until the mission expires and it’s lost.

This has happened 3 time with the same result. Every time I get the haven attack message I quickly save, and then try again and again to land but it never works. Any suggestions are appreciated.

1 Like

Well, I’m down to only one haven left in south america. Every other one has been destroyed by the aliens. For the ones close enough I tried to help, but the jet just wouldn’t land.

Is there a Base Defense mission? Will the aliens attack my base at some point, (it’s in the middle of the red zone). I’ve been letting the timer go round and round on fast simply to get the base defense mission so I could do something.

Unfortunately the game is pretty much broke for me. I can’t do anything else. :frowning:

Ted

P.S. I forgot to mention in the first post that I also clicked on the little arrow pointing to the target and selected dispatch squad as well, but still the jet never lands.

1 Like

Maybe it is a stupid idea, but do you have troops in the carrier? It happened to me last backer build, that I played with the squad roster and moved all troops to the base and then there was nobody to run out the Manticore and save the day…

I did the 3 salvage missions I was able to find, and never moved the soldiers from the plane, so I assume they are in there.

In fact one of the haven missions happened right after a salvage mission. I had reloaded a couple solider’s weapons during the salvage, so I was afraid that they wouldn’t have any ammo, but I was glad to realize that all the weapons & ammo were on the plane so I was able to restock on the way from the salvage mission directly to the haven mission.

1 Like

Just a note on this that I started a new game tonight and the haven defense missions are working correctly this time. I’m not sure why it didn’t work in the last game.

1 Like

there was some bug in Backers Build 3 that prevented doing missions and if I well remember it was caused by some inventory management done to soldiers - but I don’t know exact reason

1 Like

Just got it the other night. Still have it tonight. 8 elite troopers ready to kill a queen or two but unable to join.
My two cents: maybe it happens when the nest/lair is not in range of a radar station. The time I got to south america it was too late for lots of havens and if the queens nest is located in Ushuaia it’s not in range for my radar in La Paz.

hard to say what is the reason. It may be also some trigger which is not working and engine is not able to generate mission. Maybe some elements of the map was not selected and map can’t generate without them. So generator knows about them, but they were cut out from BB4. Or maybe there is a conflict between map assets and queen spawn point and engine doesn’t know what to do then, eventually not launching mission. Or maybe this haven on geoscape was generated with randomizer to have 0 crates, but mission launcher doesn’t want to create map without crates. Or maybe it is crate which collide with queen spawn and mission launcher hangs. Who knows. :smiley:

1 Like

By the way … it may be related … in my initial mist zone, my base got attacked. Once I disposed of them, no nest to be seen on the geoscape ???

may it be. Alien bases of 3rd tier have range much greater than range of our radars. I suppose we can’t spot bases which are too far away. Or you need to rotate globe a little bit more, because if I well understand it, they can launch attacks from other continent then their range is high enough.