Arkham 1.8 EGS patch issues

I remember that pandoran evolution has branches that are randomly chosen. I think the time difference between scylla appearing is probably affected by that: the evolution can choose a path where existing enemies become stronger first, or a path where new stronger enemies appear first, for example. Not this choice exactly but something along those lines probably affects the date of appearance.

Player advancement may also be a factor but from what you guys are mentioning, it seems to be minor.

An easy suggestion that maybe even already exists would be to delay each evolution by a fixed amount in each difficulty, like 1 week for each. For example base evolution is legend, so hero delays evolutions by 1 week, veteran by 2 and rookie by 3. Exchange the fixed amount by anything that works, maybe not scaling linearly too.

2 Likes

A very good suggestion. Keep going. :slight_smile:

1 Like

For me it was off, but maybe there was something in the install that asked me and I deny that?

Now it is on :slight_smile:

When you launch the game for a first time it asks you about it so you probably unchecked it.

1 Like

We stand with our pants down :wink: Please watch what you choose ) This also affects my game :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is soo frustrating.

Every game I play on this patch 1.8 + I reach this point, where it just becomes stupid dumb… and un playable.

This morning I tried to do another haven defense… tried to salvage this game… same thing… its impossible for me to win any battles in my game. please keep in mind that - I can no longer do scavenge missions or haven defenses… This is just dumb now.

The Haven defense tried again this morning… 1 Scilla (sp?), 1 Artillery bug +1 fire worm throwing bug. (didn’t see what else, I died too fast) I had 6 team members… and the Scilla started killing them on turn 1. Nothing I could do about it… it moves through buildings… it runs up to my guys and kills them… everyone shoots at it, everyone hits… nothing will stop it.

Please… again before you start… you just don’t know what your doing… I don’t care if you can kill it…

really??? really?? that’s your answer? because some how your a supper player, exploit some sort of game mechanics and everyone needs to live with the game because… you know… you have some supper player/cheat that allows you to play.

I have completed this game on a different patch. I can beat guardian’s when they show up… but after patch 1.8 + every game ends the same… I reach a point where I can’t win a single battle… bam… done… start a whole new game, or really… just stop playing and wish I had never purchased the game.

For a first time player, this would just be stupid dumb… and they would want their money back.

I don’t really see anything from game developers or designers. It doesn’t look like its going to change any time soon.

I really liked the game, it has huge potential, its just un-playable for me in its current state.

Aren’t we up to 1.9.x now?

Yep. 1.9.1 I think…

same issue this morning after a patch.

1 Like

Did you try playing on Rookie? At what time did the Scylla appear?

What’s the general situation like on the Geoscape (HPC, number of teams you have, diplomacy status, activated bases)?

Edit: if you want, send me your savegame please.

1.9.2 now, but is the same.

Generally, on higher difficulties, once evolution occurs there is no way back, and if player wasnt tech and soldier ready, game can became difficultly unplayable.

So, minor step-by-step, specie by specie, evolutions would suit the game and difficulty way better. Maybe some more hit improvements on late weapons, so it does not all rest on abusing powers. On higher difficulties late in the game it looks like more strength-HP and WP scale is needed to repulse Pandas - maybe introducing some tech that would enlarge the soldier scale, would be one way to deal with it.

Rookie difficulty is a mere “foreplay” to Veteran, not to mention Hero and Legend, as it gives way more time and thus resources to develop tech and teams, making probability of being well developed late in the game, more probable.

at least my experience, tried almost all difficulties, all patches and many different strategies. Rookie remains by far most enjoyable, but leaving more feeling of being overpowered to Pandas, quite often. Rest might be slowly graded in “Diablo language of levels of torcher” and requires really in depth knowledge of game to be able to do mission once Scyllas appear. And its not up to Scyllas, its overal late Panda evolution :slight_smile:

The assumption that the only way that people can succeed where you do not is because of exploits is somewhat insulting. I do not use exploits and I do not share your experience. The game certainly gets difficult, but not unbeatably so.

That said, you are far from the first to complain about the game difficulty. I think the solution to that is a more fine-grained difficulty system, so that you can adjust things like evolution speed, recruit gear, and enemy deployment strength independently.

@pacman223 I think you should accept @VOLAND’s help, he can take a look at your savefile and if it’s really weird as you say he can show it directly to developers as he’s a councilor.

I understand that you’ve beat the game and guardians, but as the game changes a lot sometimes the grand globe strategy has to change too. You probably know this but just to trying to help… as soon as you start a campaign you need more aircraft and more relations with factions ASAP so you can explore more and get more resources early. Without using abusable mechanics, that’s way more difficult, and if you don’t do this since the very beginning your campaign will be in this unwinnable state later on.

Other needed or at least good strategies are:

• Splitting the first soldiers into 2 different aircraft and powering up the team with a vehicle.
  • Activating the second base in another, far continent, so that you can build/deploy your 2nd aircraft and 2nd team there without having to fly over. This way you cover much more ground on the globe.

If you didn’t do any of this in the start of the campaign and is playing on veteran or higher, then you’ll probably need to start over as the overall strategy was unsuccessful. However if you did at least some of these then veteran should be OK, I can’t speak for the other ones.