Anyone having issues harvesting living crystal?

Is there anyone who can answer that? I just can’t continue without knowing that.

OK, update on my experience with this.

1. I found 2 sites near my original Phoenix Point base
  • I cleared the first one (a Mutane Gas site), left with my main team, then sent back another small team to sit at the site while I did other stuff. Now as time runs on the Gas gets collected.
  • I cleared the second site (Living Crystal) and tried to do the same thing. Sent the second team to sit there but nothing got collected - no idea why.
  1. I found another Living Crytsal site well away from the first ones. I cleared it and sent a team to sit there. I’m now collecting Living Crystal. The first Living Crystal site still doesn’t work - no idea why.

2. Issue I have now is that even though I have collected plenty of both these resources I can’t build anything with them - It keeps telling me I need a Ancients processing site but I have no idea what that is - I tried holding both the Gas and Living Crystal sites with team but that didn’t seem to help.

They really need to make it clearer how this stuff is supposed to work.

Hope this helps some and anyone with more information - it would be much appreciated.
Thanks,
Keith McC

1 Like

Having the same issue. I managed to capture an Orichaleum site first, and successfully mined using two different aircraft with different crews.

Captured a second site with Living Crystal, and haven’t been able to collect anything from that one. Sent in a bug report using F12. Tried using both ships at the same time, different ship from the first, different ship from the second, different crews, nothing. I even had to defend it twice once now and still no Crystals! Needless to say, incredibly frustrating.

After you capture your first site and build an archeology facility in one of your bases, you should get a message that there are various sites on the map that contain different schematics held by either one of the different factions or an independent faction.

I imagine if that first site has been overrun somehow by a Pandoran invasion, you may lose the opportunity to start that path. But it seems unlikely; usually the sites are one of the “magnifying glass” type encounters on the geoscape map.

I’ve been doing those missions - I’ve got the schematics for several weapons - I’ve also got the resources they require. It just won’t let me build them.

answer for you guys:

So, as a summary, nobody seems to know if things are working, because the game doesn’t tell you how the new content is supposed to be working? I know there are info screens when encountering Legacy content, but we really need a clearer UI (apparently coming next in development queue) and better text descriptions (should have been in the game from the beginning). The ancient tech might be a mystery to the game characters, but as players we shouldn’t be stumbling in the dark when it comes to actual game mechanics.

We still have very un-intuitive mechanics in the old content as well. Of course by now I know how things work (mostly). I still don’t like how performing an autopsy on a weaponless Triton leads to being able to manufacture shotguns. Same with Grenade Launcher and Arthron autopsy. There’s absolutely no way of knowing that will happen. I only know that’s how it is because I stumbled upon that knowledge on earlier playthroughs.

1 Like

Heh, tbh I don’t know why we need to search alien corpses to learn how to make shotgun and grraneda launcher at a future we already got laser and gauss rifles.

To be honest, this dlc got may more then needed things as complex. I would prefer to fight to get ancient weapons themselves rather then collecting not 1 but 3 different resources. Those weapons should be unique rather then something a mechanic can craft at a workbench. Maybe collecting some items would be better choices to craft ancient weapons rather then mining.

This design choice is just right.

1 Like

@Yokes : [quote=“Yokes, post:15, topic:11398, full:true”]
answer for you guys:

[/quote]

So can you clarify your answer? The first time I read it I thought you were repeating information we already knew. The two different sites of each resource: Are you implying that there are three mining sites and three sites you need to actually forge the materials?

No, you need only 2 different sites for each resource. And you need arch lab + aircraft with one man inside.

Just started getting to this point, found blueprints for three items and just sent aircraft (and paid resources) to start mining. I am playing on Veteran (to learn mechanics) but plan on playing Legendary based on knowledge gained. I am very much enjoying the game but don’t like how the economics are going even on Veteran. I feel like I could lose the game, having trouble getting beyond two aircraft and crews. All very slow. So, if you have to babysit with a 3rd aircraft, is this even worth the resources? The new weapons are super cool, but not sure I need them vs. having more resources for other stuff. I really like that there is another storyline to follow, but not if what you get just isn’t worth it. From the sounds of it, it seems pretty “grindy” on top of quite a lot of grind to begin with.
Regardless, enjoying so many things and figuring out plenty new mechanics to win battles without it feeling like the old “alpha strike” system. I do have a killer build with berserker assault with crazy bionic armor that makes all melee one point. This seems a little unfair, so decided not to use RC, as it would potentially break the game. Even without, using Onslaught, it is still pretty powerful.

I am playing Legend, and I can tell you that you need 3 squads if you want to deal with haven attacks in different continents + destroying colonies, also for mining you need 1-2 , so I suggest 5 aircrafts

I have 4 right now, 11 bases, 3 Arch. Labs Feb. 15, and I completed all blueprints mission, but I postponed ancient sites missions, because 1. You need a team with stats and abilities 2. You have to prioritize armors, weapons, aircrafts… to control Pandoran threat in the first place

I completed the game 5-6 times before, right now trying Vengeance Torso my first time, and it is fun but is totally OP, I will suggest some changes about it

Please don’t change the tools when the real reason is RC. Get this skill balanced and many of the other so often called OP abilities are not longer that OP (probably except Sneak Attack).

You can refrain the use of RC, but you have also Onslaught feeding AP, and reaching an enemy so distant and killing him in one turn, is OP in my book

Yeah, OK, I understand that. I’m more on the side that, as long as the enemies are able to kill one of my squaddies in one move than I want to have the same possibilities. Also the later evolutions are not that easy to kill with one melee attack without a to have a special build AND the ancient melee weapon(s). And you can also always do it or not, this not only count for RC alone.

But beside that, this Torso is not that much more than the AR from Berserker, Gorgon EYE-A, turrets (as you know :wink: ) and many other things we have in our sandbox. Picking single points of failure doesn’t seem to me to fit the problem at all, it only shifts it to the next hole. And RC keeps untouched, that makes me really silly … :wink:

And I fully agree with you, I mention to Devs all those “exploits” , showing clips, and bringing the problems that I find, AR, RC , Turrets, all of them, I will add PDW :slight_smile:

1 Like

That is why I actually more on the side to balance as first RC and look what is over after that. Seems to me way more practicable then the other way around. All together would probably never happens, I guess.

Edit:
Oh, and I have another one to add for you: Brawler + Close Quarter + Reckless + Sneak Attack = +190% melee damage!
Feel free to do the math with the 6th ancient melee weapon, almost any Chiron is a ‘oneslash’ together with some foes around him.
Edit2:
And yes, the torso tops that with a usage for 1AP!

I never play with 3rd row skills in mind, in fact I don’t care about it, I prefer to recruit LV 3 or LV 4 soldiers in havens instead of LV 1 with great perks in PX base.

But I see your point

This was one of my starting Heavies in one campaign … :wink:
I also not recruit on PX base, but mostly because I play on Veteran and I really don’t want to have ‘naked’ soldiers. Also the stats of the PX recruits are lower (always on legend level 14/6/14 instead of 18/8/14 as the LVL 1 recruits from heavens).

Kinda what I meant, but I grok what you are saying. Thank you, Yokes.