Acid is insane... why did you think this was a good idea?

With 300+ acid the free turn is death, unless one is next to the evac zone.

It’s possible I took gunfire in the same turn, camera is so buggy I can’t see half of what happens. Either way they need to add in the solution to drop the acid hit armour before the acid hits the soldier underneath, it’s way too OP right now.

300+ application in a single go is problematic here on top of the way acid damage to HP is calculated.

agreed the DoT damage to the HP total at the moment is over the top, that is why I suggested using the incendiary calculation for the damage rather then the current stack from all limbs.

when I replied to you I was trying to say that it does first remove your armor before it hits HP. so provided you have armor on the affected limbs you will not take acid damage on the first turn after is has been applied. you can like mcarver2000 states, still die extremely fast unless you can evac before your second turn. as on the second turn it can definitely chew through your HP (provided you didn’t use any of the skills that restore or provide armor, and sufficient acid was applied to chew through your armor in 1 turn)

An acid grenade fired twice can come close to 300.

Agreed, using the incendiary calculation would work if they couldn’t implement anything else. Ideally I’d like to see acid behave markedly different to fire. To be honest the high damage makes some logical sense, it’s just the lack of sense in not being able to stop it. If they kept the high damage though they should probably make it less popular with enemies, or make soldiers cheaper & easier to get.
Maybe a DLC will add an anti-acid medkit.

I think you’re right I must have taken gunfire damage off camera first turn. I’m having huge issues with the camera not responding or following AI moves, getting stuck against the map edge, going in opposite directions etc. Just the mouse and keyboard plugged in so just seems to be buggy as hell.

Similar mechanic won’t be so interesting as reverting it to previous damage values and just making it do more damage than 10 per turn in first few turns.

Yes indeed if you get shot in the same round as getting acid your over next turn. However, to answer your question about dropping armor, there is a much simpler solution here, you just need to get an acid resistant body suit (like they have for fire and poision) this suit could be a the barrier between you and the suit, so when the amour eats away your amour you still have your acid body suit which stops further damage, but it only works once. That is just a simple fix but the acid needs to be toned down hugely and it needs to be a ONE SHOT damage, because acid oxidizes in oxygen and is useless VERY fast. So one hit do damage like the other weapons and END OF STORY for the acid… It really is that simple.

I dread every lair mission. But I think i stumbled on a pretty effective tactic early on and it does make them more fun especially since the last patch. Which I think slowed the rate of reinforcement down to allows you a little bit of breathing space, especially the way you and I play.
I wish there was a sense behind the size of structure, range and contents of Pandoran structures in general. It seems like at a certain point nests go out the window. Lairs with 600km range start popping up everywhere which seem strangely huge and more full of baddies than lairs with a 1600km range? I wish there was a kind of sense that would allow you to have an idea of what you might be facing. So you can chose between taking out a big nest or waiting for it to become a small lair. I’d like to see a mechanic where once a ceratin research is completed you get a warning when a nest is preparing to mature into a lair, that during a small window of time the structure will be more vulnerable to attack. Having nests around well into the mid to late game would give much needed training for recruits, although I concede that for some this might be to grindy. But I’m one who used to never auto resolve on Total War games and found Firxcom over far too quickly. (Even with double Avatar and beta strike etc) :slight_smile: I also realise I’ve gone off on a tangent again.

Its really game breaking especially when even ordinary aliens get an Acid launcher as well as big boss bugs. At least medikit should then cure it fully, so players have at least a chance while its eating armor

1 Like

I would prefer to revert back to lower but faster damage rather than using medkits. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Other way to skin a cat. Well, I liked it more when it was not so deadly.

But again introducing BURNNING and ACID concepts its good.

Its bad no way to counter it, heal it, preventing it, but killing the enemy quickly (not always possible). I prefer VIRUS thing - slowly eating, if its non removable. Added by hits. Way fairer mechanics.

Done with this game until it is fixed. Just had another campaign ended cos a guy took 240 dmg from an acid grenade.

Why is it so hard to fix a simple bug?

2 Likes

Agreed. But it’s usually not Anthrons that are the biggest problem, rather Chirons. Tripple acid blobs.
400 acid damage on 4 of my troopers.

It’s insane, there’s no counter. No way to defend. Can I waste a turn to get rid of the acid? Can I migate it in some way? No.

At least Anthrons acid launcher can be easily disabled, but Chirons? Now try fighting TWO such chirons + sirens? Instant game over.

And don’t even get me started on the sirens. Insane head armor (like the finest helmet you have!), tons of HP, insane movement range, can cross half the damn map and mind control TWO of your guys in a single turn. You need focused fire to kill it.

Meanwhile I feel like my guys are wearing tissue paper. Even handguns go trough my toughest armor and the limbs of my guys seem to have a fraction of durability.

1 Like

The whole Alpha-strike things exists BECAUSE some enemies are “kill it NOW or we’re done for!” and the huge disparity in power between various enemies.

anthrons, as long as you disable the acid launcher, are harmless
Acid chirons are a nightmare
Sirens are ultra-nightmares.
Sniper tritons are a pain in the ass, constantly disabling head/limb/torso.

A lot of this could be fixed by simply giving us better armor. Heavy armor should be 100% immune to handguns. Even kevlar of today can stop a 9mm without issues, yet this modern, advanced armor seems to offer little protection.

1 Like

Have you read any of my other posts on this forum?
I’ve been saying that for months - and calling for the Nasties to be toned down, especially on Easy Difficulty.

Anyway, it hardly matters any more, because alpha-striking is clearly here to stay: My long feedback is getting out of control

1 Like

Devs I suppose you also need to change loading screens when making changes. :wink: I miss that damage

I totally agree lol. Time for me to grab a cup of coffee :slight_smile: