Acid is insane... why did you think this was a good idea?

That would be fine if certain faction researches didn’t give you access to Acid weapons. In the original game, it meant you were handed ‘upgraded’ equipment that was utterly useless to you.

So the devs swung it to the other extreme and gave the Pandas a couple of spiffy new acid weapons, cos they looked cool, and now we have the opposite problem. I talk about this here: Final feedback from Michael Ignotus [spoilers redacted] - #8 by MichaelIgnotus

All they really need to do is find the middle ground.

For my money, Acid should act primarily as an armour-stripper. So I’d advocate doubling its strength against armour, but halving its strength against body parts. And it should only start doing damage to body parts on the turn after it has completely stripped all armour from that area.
In addition, they should give Medkits a Neutralise function, which removes Acid altogether.

That makes Acid very different to poison, and gives it a specific function within the rationale of this game without killing a Squaddie in 2 turns. It also makes it useful to us, because it will perform an area shred function; and the Medkit option gives us a way of coping with it in the field.

2 Likes