I think this is a great game but a balance work is strongly needed.
Soldiers’ growth too fast and latest skill are over powered, Rage shot over all. But I’ve found a tactic with Scarab that broke the game, I think.
You can see a sample in thi video recorded by me.
The tactic simply consists of:
- have three soldiers in Scarab and move only using the vehicle
- approach an enemy and “park in reverse”
- Get the first soldier out, shoot an enemy with 2 APs left
- choose the soldier with the cursor and return it to the Scarab even if it no longer has AP
- do the same with the other soldiers
- go find the next enemy to kill in the next turn
With this boring tactic I killed 5 Sirens without problems. In fact the Sirens cannot make mental attack on the soldiers who are in the Scarab. Their physical attacks do very little damage to the vehicle (no more than twenty) and those small and frightened creatures (and I don’t think they wanted to look like this) can’t even escape.
The Scarab is immune to mental attacks, so are soldiers. Yet sirens can take control of soldiers through walls. This is not logical.
The other enemies also behave strangely. During the Pandora shift, they go around the map as if there were no enemy soldiers when there is a vehicle with three soldiers.
- Scarab available later in the game
- Allow the sirens to sign a mental attack on the soldiers inside the vehicle that, frightened, exits immediately
- Do not allow soldiers to enter the vehicle without AP
I hope for a patch that can really fix the balance. This is a wonderful game. I love the atmosphere, the concept, how skills are combined, this quick gameplay …
Please make this game the masterpiece it deserves to be.