A little worried about the forthcoming patch destroying what makes PP unique

I don’t get why people feel the need to go all positive or all negative. Their ballistic model is just like Valkyria Chronicles, or the original XCOM so not really innovative, but something that was great to return to the genre, yeah. A lot of stuff about PP is great, under all the refuse.

But to say this game doesn’t need rebalancing? This requires very short play time and very high optimism (or a decent bribe). Some people find the game impossible to win due to loads of poorly balanced enemies, and others realized the game is incredibly easy to break:

Which brings us back to body parts being pointless. And it kind of makes sense… I mean, what IS the weak-point of a bullet sponge? Sponges don’t have arms or legs or heads, in fact.

I’m reminded of Ninja Gaiden 2 3D, where you could cut off all of a ninja’s limbs save one, and he would crawl after you, an suicide bomb you. That’s something that would be cool to see in this game. Instead, by the time you take off a couple of limbs, the enemy dies, despite having plenty of HP.

I sum up the problems of lethality and head shots here: