To Julian: Take your time

I work for a publisher and can confirm some of this. Within reason, a delayed release is actually promising as it means the studio had something good enough to show the stakeholders and convince them that it would be worth the wait.

Some publishers are blamed for “killing studios”, but it’s downright scary to see how some studios fail to deliver.

Anyway, back to Phoenix Point, I kinda expected it. I love the backer build but knowing that stuff like the inventory system was cobbled together just before it was released gave some telltale signs. Nothing wrong with being upfront and honest about it. This is a bit of a niche game and the target audience seems understanding.

Good luck to you guys.

5 Likes

If he has no publisher greedy for money and pushing him for release, then I hope he takes his time and get’s it right. Just so long as it’s not as long as Star Citizen. I can’t wait ten years. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I read Wheel of Time in 90s got them all in hardcover eventually thank dad xD

Thank you SnapShot Games and Julian Gollop for this Game!
I habe been wating decades for a real XCOM successor and I can easily wait another year.

Please, take as much time as you need.

PS: As a FIG Backer I’d like to throw more money at you but I still can’t :wink:.

for the real deal i can wait all the time it needs! i am tired of deadlines, the games made with patience and care were the best once in my opinion.

I agree, wait as long as you can better to make it well than rush it, no matter how much i am sitting on pins and needles craving this awesome game, I can wait.

As for funding issues, I can see the problems there. Waiting to long can cause just that. But when you get early access release on steam with a more finished game, you will get more to test bugs and a much needed cashflow.

I played Age of Conan upon release. The starting area was fantastic; gorgeous graphics, voice acting for all NPCs, a good quest arc that went from multi-player/MMO Daytime to instanced single-player Night-time sneaking about missions. It was great and had a strong positive impact on me and my best mate.

Once you cleared the starting area the game devolved into a lot of…running. The NPCs you met had no audio, the crafting system wasn’t worth trying, MOBs were few and far between; the game had released with development focused on the initial experience but the rest wasn’t ready to go, nowhere near the same quality. We dropped it very, very fast and played other stuff without a single look back.

Please @JulianG, take your time. We’ve got your back. :+1:

yeah, we will overwatch :wink:

1 Like

Remember, it not hard to become one of those companies who keep delaying their games like so many out there now. I don’t mind the wait, just don’t pile up delays.

Personally if they start with the delays, then offer refunds

I dont mind a last second delay but the reason why I backed this rather than another “Ea” steam game.Is because it was made a profesional team with a long tracking exp, not to mention the “father” of the Xcom formula

PLus so far I haven’t seen a lot of communication

Then you’re late to the party, that already started :stuck_out_tongue:

(During the fig-campaign the plan was a Q4 2018 release, and that was delayed.)

As for communication, both UnstableVoltage & Julian post here as sources of news and there’s been at least one update per month recently:

https://phoenixpoint.info/blog/

So while this isn’t a “WIP Wednesdays” Kickstarter kinda team, they do keep us in the loop.

Thx for the link

i’ll be sure to check it out :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Indeed I welcome it as well. I hope the team takes there time and includes everything they want. After the Xcom-2 nightmare and the Phantom Doctrine mistake. I for one can wait to see how the original master of this genre revives a dying game type. :smiley:

1 Like