This game is awful I wish I never bought it

This does not really matter … quite the opposite - that means their numbers can be reduced. Sometimes you face 10 enemies in the first few days. This again is showing quantity over quality approach.

Yeah they are hitting harder but this is problem of weak armor of our soldiers. I need to buf armors too…

I agree that there should be less enemies, but I don’t want them to be decreased because their lethality increases: I want them to have more non lethal abilities. Giving enemies more lethality, particularly at range, encourages the player alpha-striking.

I think it’s a bit more complex than that. For example, if you increase the damage output of ARs and buff armor, you are nerfing SGs.

IMO, the problem with Armor in PX is not that it’s useless: far from it. The problem is that it’s utility is not communicated well enough to the player.

The player expects that armor by itself will protect the operative, while what it does is increase the utility of HPs, i.e. You get more out of your HPs if you are wearing armor, but with low Strength/HPs the advantage can be negligible.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t say the game is awful. It does get very repetitive. And after maxing out 8 of my troops, I’m finding many of the missions are too easy.

Examples of being repetitive:

1. I need resources. Find another resource mission, spend an hour carefully doing it and have only some minor damage to one troop. Repeat this multiple times.

2. I need resources. Some haven or base gets attacked. Or I find an alien nest. Carefully do the mission paralyzing lots of anthrons. Minor damage to one troop. Turn anthrons into food. Trade that for the other resources. Repeat this so many times, its not fun anymore.

Early in a new play through, it was tough. Building a 2nd transport for 8 on a mission helped a great deal. Getting better sniper rifles and synedrion sniper armor, this made things much easier. Then I got the Ancient grenade launcher, boom blast stuff across the map. 3 heavies doing this will take out stuff before it even becomes a danger.

2 Likes

Get Gud. Shot percentage is ass in the beginning then game gets easier

Lets try all to be civic. Shall we?

The final mission is probably the hardest one. Build ancient guns before you enter it.

Also, lower the difficulty one setting. Veteran or above can be very frustrating, if you are not… well a veteran.

The key of PP is unlearn what you use in XCOM. Cover does not work in the same way. You are not safe behind cover. Break line of sight. Shoot and hide, try to deny space and turns to the enemy, try to break the will of the enemy when facing multiples (finishing an enemy will lower the will of others). Incapacitate the most dangerous enemy parts, be aggresive and proactive. Remove the threat before it can act.

2 Likes

I agree … the difficulty scaling is quite bland and uninspired … exemplified by that recently introduced Umbra. It’s such a great core, but - it’s quantity over quality in too many areas.

Lets not dig out threads 2 years old. Just to correct your post: Umbra wasn’t introduced recently and difficulty scaling is what it is in such sandbox game. It can’t be made better without strict controling what player gets and then scripting what enemy gets. Game works that player and aliens progress in research independently. If one side stay behind then it will have a problem. And I think it is fine solution. :wink: