The idea for melee combat!

Thank you again for such a wonderful game.
I hope the developers will understand my idea.

Melee strikes hit random parts of the body( as I understood it).
I propose to consider targeted strikes. Each weapon has its own cutting lane (length). For example, swords cause less damage but touch more body parts.
When you press a blow in melee, the camera becomes from 1 person. The affected area appears in the form of a strip or plane. For each weapon, this zone of destruction is different. The affected area can be rotated 360 degrees and moved around the enemy. It will also matter from which side you approached the enemy. There are options for distributed damage to parts of the body. That is, the damage is distributed to all the affected parts of the body, and does not cause full damage to all the affected parts of the body. Here it is at your discretion.
This will allow you to hit the necessary points from the enemy, as well as shooting from weapons. It will also make it more difficult to destroy large opponents with melee weapons. There are many videos where Scilla is killed with melee weapons for 1-2 rounds by one soldier. With such a Scilla mechanic, it will be possible to hit only on the legs))))
You can also consider the destruction of objects.

Еще раз спасибо за такую замечательную игру.
Надеюсь разработчики поймут мою идею.

Удары в ближнем бою поражают случайные части тела( я так понял).
Я предлагаю рассмотреть прицельные удары. Каждое оружие имеет свою полосу прорубания (длину). Например мечи наносят меньше урона но задевают больше частей тела.
При нажатии удара в ближнем бою камера становиться от 1 лица. Появляется зона поражения в виде полосы или плоскости. У каждого оружия эта зона поражения отличается. Зону поражения можно крутить на 360 градусов и перемещать по противнику. Также будет иметь значение с какой стороны вы подошли к противнику. Возможны варианты распределенного урона по частям тела. То есть урон распределяется на все задетые части тела, а не наносит полный урон всем задетым частям тела. Тут уже на ваше усмотрение.
Это позволит поражать необходимые точки у врага, так же как стрельба из оружия. Также это усложнит уничтожение крупных противников оружием ближнего боя. Есть много видео где Scilla убивают оружием ближнего боя за 1-2 раунда одним солдатом. С такой механикой Scilla можно будет бить только по ногам))))
Так же можно рассмотреть разрушение объектов с помощью оружия ближнего боя по этой же схеме.

It was already in development but it was abandoned because of some difficulties with aiming and animations. I doubt that they will come back to that in this game. Unless your proposition can be considered for the sequel/prequel. :wink:

Interesting))) Thank you, I didn’t know))))