Technician Heals Body, But Not Car Parts?

I’m not going to post some of the more gruesome X-Rays we’ve seen in previous topics about it but there’s not way you would get a crippled limb (as in severe fracture) back into fighting shape (aka, handling an automatic weapon) using this tech.

As far as game balance goes, I also agree that in the current builds, limb damage is trivial. Fixing a limb shouldn’t be that easy and efficient, especially when it reaches “crippled”. Thankfully, there is plenty of time for snapshot to delve into this kind of balancing act.

Ah, I see. I never assumed that the Technician was using the exact same tools for healing humans and healing machines, though? Sure, the animation is the same (waves robo-arms over thing that needs fixing), but animations for complex actions in games tend to be very abstracted anyway.

Back in XCOM 1994, limbs could be injured/crippled. Damage to the arms/head reduced firing accuracy, damage to the legs reduced TUs, damage to the torso reduced energy recovery. Yet medikits could fix the damage up completely. Yet, no one complained about a lack of realism.