(suggestion) Headshots

Because in a game that bases itself around the idea of having a realistic aiming system, I then want it to have something close to a realistic damage system. Not this ‘let’s shoot them in the gun arm’ A-Team type nonsense that we have right now.

If the concern is one head shot leads to kills then as others have proposed, the logic solution is to provide units with helmets.

The other option is to reduce weapon accuracy so that headshots are less likely in the first place. But either way, the prime aiming location to target on opponents being their arm is a ridiculous state of affairs.

This already been argued, no realism, at least a neck broken, it’s sniper rifle bullet.

I doubt that remove SR precision will help in any way the game, just push it in RNG gambling.

Without to say that any weapon shooting head close range need be unstakill too, pistol too.

You’ll go nowhere with this sort of realism.

I think what you completely fail to realise is that the level of realism within a game can happen on a scale.

There’s an absurd lack of realism on one end of that scale, and complete realism on the other. PP is currently sitting too far towards the absurd end of things by quite a distance, however making it more realistic does not automatically mean that it has to slide all the way over to the other extreme.

You trying to argue that it would do is a logic fallacy.

This already been argued, games need setup a balance with gameplay value and realism, and PP choose minimize a bit realism.

But for your head shot kill realism, it’s more conventions, again pistol head shot close range should do the same and you are cornered with your realism.

I don’t see any improvement in head shot kill, make enemies stupid or have crap gameplay, easy abuse in many way. The added realism not worth the price and isn’t even that realist if pistol can’t do it.

It should.

Not the realism argument, please. We are fighting giant crab people with machine guns for arms, we checked our realism at the door when we came in…

I’m not sure if I should repeat myself. But maybe I will formulate my words in other way.

As I prefer realism over arcade rules in tactical game like this, I think that headshots here should only provide some additional effect like 1 turn daze + reduced perception and accuracy + disabling some of abilities which concentrate on tricks of mind (beside current bleeding and loss of maximum will points). But adding additional damage or chance for a kill should not happen when head has its own pool of HP and is relatively easy to hit. That would be hard to balance without helmets with 60 or more armor points. 3 or more times more than other body parts? That would be off.

2 Likes

A realistic scenario is not a necessity for realistic gameplay. Plenty of games which take place in speculative fiction settings still carry realistic gameplay mechanics such as destroying a creature’s head leading to the death of that creature.

No point go in circle, my opinion head shot kill would be too easy, it would make Rapid Clearance (that need some nerf) even more trivial. And then the other opinion is it’s better for better realism.

We disagree no point do some circles.

Rapid clearance does need a nerf, but that’s its own topic.

Support on Make Headshots on humans count | Voters | Phoenix Point and add your corrections.

IMO +1