Recruiting: Where are the Phoenix Point recruits?

Fair point, but it would need to take a lot less than 28 days for it to b worth your effort. Cross-classing a Squaddie in a Training Base takes less time than that.

28 was just a random number. Remember research lab/factories stack. 1 lab/factory 28 days, 2 - 14 days, 3 - 10 1/2 days, 4 - 7 Days, and so on. If you lower the number the stacking would make it too easy.

Ideally you’d get one recruit in a week or two due to that stacking. It’s supposed to supplement haven recruitment not replace it.

No, those are your words, not mine.

All the game shows is that you pay resources to a faction, and you receive one of their personnel. As far as I’m aware; whether or not it’s that soldier’s choice to leave isn’t stated, to which claiming that they’re pushed out, abandoning, or anything else is just a loose claim made by the player in order to fill the blanks according to their personal story telling preference, but it’s weak assumption to then make in order to justify that solider’s loyalty or other pseudo game mechanics. - They could just as easily be following orders, or be receiving a proportion of those resources for their own family, either of which could lead to them abandoning PP the moment that you hit their former haven. What I think is more likely if we were dealing with real people is that each person would leave their faction/join PP for their own personal motivations, to which then each would also have a unique sense of loyalty, but the point is that we just don’t know, because the game doesn’t tell us this either way. In PP the soldiers themselves are just cardboard cut outs, they display no personalities, and loyalty isn’t a mechanic that the game deals with either way.

recruitment research tells us those are carefully selected candidates - which I suppose have their personal motivations to follow more PP ideology than any other. I would assume that PP is recruiting those who have no problems with following Project commander orders.

Of course it would be fine addition if soldiers would have their own codex which we can break making some specific decisions:

• with options during events,
  • deploying to certain missions,
  • completing some secondary objectives during other missions.

I’d also like recruits from somewhere other than the factions - I don’t really like any of the three of them, I’d like the option to play the game that way.

I just got independent haven recruit in scripted event. Story goes that her haven is destroyed by pandorians and my team found her hiding in the bush.

1 Like