Queen features - animation etc

normal head, armoured head, goo spitter head for capturing you soldiers

1 Like

Looks very cool, I like everything. I wonder… is it on some kind of a scanner screen or smth?

1 Like

probably this is testing of some research panel where you can select mutations and name them

2 Likes

Since we are talking about mutations, I have a question for you: how do you feel about the mechanic parts in the Pandora virus creature? Because in the crabmen it could be that already available guns were integrated in the mutated crab, so the virus used pre-existing technology (no capability to create it) obtained from either scavanging or from batlles and infected people. And this is further supported by the fact the the granade launchers are fully organic in the crabs.

What is on the Crab-Queen is something that seems less cobbled toghether and more custom-made implying a capability of the virus of creating human technology (not really that surprising, you’re constantly assimilating humans, and in the lore there seems to be a sort of telepathic network in the virus’s creatures it’s in the realm of possibilities). I’m not agaist somethign loke that, but if it so, I hope they support it story and game-wise. I would be upset if they put aliens with particular human technology (not scavaged or simply inglobated by the virus) but not a single structure where the virus make it (i.e. no forge, no crabman smithing, etc.).

1 Like

I see nothing wrong about it. Actually mutants can be biological creatures at the beginning but later on they can ‘discover’ cybernetics and incorporate different machanical parts in their bodies. And I suppose that developers have this in mind. About buildings or living structures which produce those mechanical parts - why not. It would be reasonable to exist especially if some of their structures or even whole bases are placed near volcanic vents and can survive there.

1 Like

That’s what I’m saying: if they are not going for the full organic-zerg route, but for a more hybrid way with mechanical part mixed in, they need to support this game and lore wise.

1 Like

Ok. So now we see that killing queen will be top priority and disabling pincers won’t do much…

First of all disabling pincers was fine if we have maintained distance from her. Now with Blaster Cannons we will need to disable them really quick and distance won’t help.

Even with disabled pincers/blasters she will generate mindfraggers. So at least one of your soldiers will need to focus on killing those instead of shooting the queen (unless you will use something with AoE attack - but will grenade kill it?). Btw it is nice that again it will be possible to go under her belly. Most unlikely to do that, becase of some crush attack, but still possible.

And even if you manage to kill fraggers she will generate mist which probably won’t let you stay around her too much.

And she still has those armored parts

So… damn. It will be hard with her on the mission. Lets hope that most of those mutations are in late game.

2 Likes

There may be limits to how many of those things she can spew out, which would make fighting her with the mutation a little easier.

1 Like

at least you won’t have to fully kill her though, at first anyway because she’ll run away

I never wondered where mindfragger came from, and now I’m so sorry I know the answer :smiley:

2 Likes