[POLL] NJ Uniform Designs

After watching and playing the Demo multiple times I cannot stop feeling like NJ still lacks personality. Snapshot ditched the first designs of NJ because they wanted a more serious and militaristic look, and I’m all for it, but the new designs also fail to show that. They should feel more grounded and serious to contrast with other factions like Synedrion and the Disciples, and I know I’m not the only one feeling like that. That’s why I thought it would be fun making a poll! Come on guys, leave your thoughts!

• I love the New Jerico design as they are.
  • I would prefer a more militaristic look.

0 voters

1 Like

I would wait to see how different tiers of armour look before asking for a change. :wink:

3 Likes

I don’t mind how they look and I think it looks reasonably militaristic. That said I wouldn’t mind if they changed they look but I see no reason to need to change it from what it already is.

1 Like

What’s important is not how the NJ units appear in isolation.

What is important is how strongtly the NJ aesthetic contasts with the other factions, and how that informs the themes of each.

2 Likes

I don’t really feel either way and not feeling strongly about the look is probably not a particularly good sign, those uniforms/armour might indeed feel a bit too generic. Not in a bad way, I guess, but in a “yeah, I guess that’s a futuristic military armour all right” kinda way.

In terms of poll, I can’t really vote either way. While I don’t hate the look, I don’t love it either. Yet what I think it needs is more character rather than just being “more militaristic”.

2 Likes

I prefer the old designs, but as far as I know, they changed their look because lore wise NJ wants for their propaganda to be seen as the knights in the brilliant armour that saves the world and not a tiranic militaristic organization, thats why their operatives look more like cops than soldiers.

That being said, I like the old look and I don’t mind if they spare those designs to allow us customice our soldiers or even for neutral havens.

1 Like

Also preferred the old design. I don’t necessarily hate the idea of what they are going for now, but the current looks seems way too… clean? Cartoony? Plastic? For people who have seen some action while Earth is tight on resources, their armor sure does not reflect that.
But I basically have this issue (and more) with anything from Unity. I really wish they went for a different engine :frowning_face:

1 Like

this explains it’s design

1 Like

I’ll assume that’s a reply to my post.
Yes, I said I understand the concept behind current look, I mean I just don’t agree with the implementation. Even if we ignore the fact that no armor should be that pristine unless you are only using it for parades. Compare it to SC II marine armor. That looks metal. NC armor looks like cardboard/plastic.

1 Like

Idk, I think they should look more gritty, specially in a post apocalyptic setting where you need to scavenge for ammo and supplies. Also, people don’t join because they are the white knights. People join for food and safety.

1 Like

Do they?

From what I remember from the novels NJ has quite a few resources and is almost not reliant on scavenge, definitely a lot rarer than what PP will usually need, NJ being a militant big corporation and whatnot, while the player’s is just a single Haven of a “primarily scientist”… society?

Edit: And the beta/demo NJ is supposed to be an already abandoned, “suicide squad” (they are infected thus not allowed into NJ bases), nobody would provide “enough” supplies to a squad you send not to win and survive, but to do some damage before perishing.

2 Likes