Phoenix Point declining player-base

Agreed. Remind me what was refund policy in early days? (player dissatisfaction with product)

I have decided to quit fully, and take my money back.

I find it very unlikely as well. But what kind of scares me are the potential implications.

Somebody taking the time and effort to falsify a legal document, making it pass as a legal exhibit of a trial, just to pretend SG received a lot of money, to discredit them…

And if the document was true, why is not on the official exhibits of the trial? right? Does not make any sense.

That is the actual reason I took the effort to check. And man, there are some dark implications there.

Refunds are nothing to do with me. As SlipperyJim has already stated, refunds are handled by the retailers (in this case, Epic, Steam or GoG depending on where it was purchased).

I do recall you offered at the time to handle those? am I wrong.
I can dig a message you offering me a refund.

I ll take Steam for example. Their normal policy is 14 days play. I am beyond that and reason is simple: bugs I am refering to did not exist at time (e.g. animations not playing)

This is far more sirious and can SG assist? Dont hide behind platform that is mid seller, or it will have to go to consumer associations and court eventually

As are a lot of the conspiracy and false information that is spouted about this whole thing. Are peoples lives so empty that they have to lose their minds over, what is after all, a bloody piece of entertainment that has no relationship to the real world! (Checks behind sofa for squidgy pandoran like entities living there😉).

1 Like

Doesn’t bother me. Fill your boots. I don’t work here anymore. But as a general consumer, trying to get a refund for a game that you’ve owned for over a year (which is still playable despite some flaws) is probably pissing into the wind.

1 Like

Interesting. One would think that a crowdfunded game be a less desirably acquisition? Afterall, a chunk of potential audience already paid for the title. Though, exclusives are mainly about bringing cutomers over to their platform, so I can see why Epic would be interested in “purchasing” backers.

Its most buggy game ever where even anims dont play. Being playabkle us not good enough.

You’ve clearly never played anything from Ubisoft or Bethesda then

1 Like

Aliens Colonial Marines in final edit has less bugs. Other buggy games are no excuse.

Do you know a game where normal and DLC anims dont play?

Also I have been paying for additional DLC over time that did not correct basic bugs so it can and cant be seen as single product (as new bugs were introduced).

Surely, it has at least do with you, but please how can you defend half usable game? Do you eat half baked products?

Free of charge, 2-year guarantee for all goods

You always have the right to a minimum 2-year guarantee at no cost, regardless of whether you bought your goods online, in a shop or by mail order.

This 2-year guarantee is your minimum right, however national rules in your country may give you extra protection.

If goods you bought anywhere in the EU turn out to be faulty or do not look or work as advertised, the seller must repair or replace them free of charge or give you a price reduction or a full refund .

You can usually only ask for a partial or full refund when it is not possible to repair or replace the goods.

Wait, what? :stuck_out_tongue: Did you download 600+ documents? :stuck_out_tongue:

I could bet it is fake. First of all, even if you file exhibit under a seal, there must be proof of document being filed. There is absolutely no trace of exhibit DX-3399 existence for 4:20-cv-05640 case, and it would have to be if it had an exhibit signature (DX-3399). :wink:

I saw an article saying SnapShot got US$3.3 millions. This is not impossible. Not long ago someone was telling us that 700.000 $ will not be enough to pay for one year salary of the team. And epic seems to overpay. So no, it’s not impossible that they got north of 5M$ It just that Epic was scammed to believe this will be a good game like Galoop old one. Megahit. Wouldn’t you pay 11M$ for such a hit? But it was a bust instead, which SnapShoot knew, so they made nice money on this, scamming Epic also. Epic should play games before they buy anything. I bet they wouldn’t complete even one campaign of Phoenix Point before saying: “we’re not paying even one single dollar for this BS”.

1 Like

Hhaha, I actually did. But it is not as crazy as it sounds. You can download the entire folder as a .zip file. Extract it, and look for the exhibit number that would correspond to the file name.

I mean, but it has an exhibit signature on the first page of the document. One quite similar to the available ones (“Data entered” and “Deputy clark” fields are blank in the legit DX exhibits as well), if it is fake somebody fabricated the exhibit mark to make it look exactly as the official ones.

This would be a legit DX exhibit:

https://app.box.com/s/6b9wmjvr582c95uzma1136exumk6p989/file/813977370867

The only difference I found, is that all other DX exhibits have image format in the PDF, this one does not.

Yes, but it is child easy, isn’t it? PX-{number} for plaintiff’s exhibit and DX-{number} for defendant’s exhibit. Unless we talk about two different things. And number is just an index on an exhibit list, so nothing fancy.

Yes the exhibit signature would be very easy. One would expect metadata, digital signatures or some additional security. But I guess most of them are just scans. And not the actual exhibits. The problem with faking the Exhibit number not that is hard to do, is just why anyone would do that?

The thing is, the entire document is 222 pages of material, with graphs and stats and a lot of information (that at least in part have to come from actual meterial). Yes it is very disjointed, but someone had to put a lot of work piecing this together.

This is really confusing to me. I just dont get it.

Because it is filled with fake proof of Epic being evil company that pays shitload of money to kill competitors? :stuck_out_tongue: Just guessing.

I just don’t trust internet when it shares a document with footnote “HIGHLY CONFIDENTIAL - ATTORNEYS’ EYES ONLY” and number any court have no information about. :stuck_out_tongue: And the court archive is full of exhibits without content but information about file being sealed, yet this one is apparently so confidential that even court doesn’t know about it existence. Thank god you can download it from reddit. :stuck_out_tongue:

hahahaha, maybe.

Lets assume its fake. Somebody would need to compose this, faking the exhibit number, and adding a lot of weird preexisting information found in internet. Also kind of faking the redaction in some parts of the document and presumably adding fake data. I would say this takes many hours of work.

And then what? someone post it in a small forum to argue some inconsequential things with a bunch of people. Posible? of course. But that is a lot of commitment for such apointless thing, that would require a really extreme mindset.

PS: I agree on it being fake. All you said made me reach the same conclussion you got. I just think there is something more to this.

The deal must also have been enticing enough for snapshot to risk there reputation, enrage all of there backers and miss out on the first year of release sales on Steam. Wonder what that was worth to Epic?

Also heard that developers negotiated individual deals with Epic so guessing they probably offered what they thought it could earn in the first year (or even more to sweeten the deal)?

As you said, Julian PR with Xcom trend got a good power at those days. The alpha game footage and all the concept were great too. They created tons of lore for the game also…

After Epic deal, everything stopped. No Julian, no lore, no graphics/atmosphere like the early previews… and with a lead designer who would be good for a P2W mobile game start to develop the game. We still don’t know who is he.

Yes, snapshot made a game named PP, but compared what promised (not the content but even design and style, from survivor horror to powerplay with unicorns)… yeah… scam… this won’t change even you like the game we have now. This is not what promised.

As the game released at alpha state and it took 1 year to have a just past to beta state with still bugs and balance issues everywhere, Snapshot knows that they would not deliver what promised any time soon after release… They just made a good show to get all the KS and probably they were giving everything to get a Epic deal too…

2 Likes

They didn’t buy game, they bought title and players. :wink: