ODI not decreasing

Not when you are 20 hours off completing (what you hope is) the final mission Research.

If the DDA had reduced when I took out that Lair & Citadels, I would have survived to complete the Virophage Injector. Now, given that I had spent at least 4 Research Projects prior to that thinking: “This is the one, finally I shall end this bloody game!”, it’s possible that I would have been disappointed, and yet another hurdle would have been thrown up in this endless endgame.
But assuming that the Virophage Injector did trigger the endgame, I think I can feel validly cheated that the ODI did not go down as expected.

And please don’t tell me if it would have or not. There’s a reason you blur Spoilers - it’s so that those of us who want to find out for ourselves don’t get the plot given away by thoughtless posts.

I feel your pain. I’m playing on vet / normal level and i’m barely taking off 1% if i destroy two citadels, that one percent comes back up pretty quick making you start to feel a bit hopeless. Especially if you are feeling like you are on top of everything and would like some time to try a few things. Other than racing like stink to the endgame.

It’s the 1 step forward, 2 steps back that we’ve been getting with the patches. On one hand we got the evolution improvements - nice. But then we got this, and enemy count and the types that throw at you (in those quantities) wasn’t improved. So 1 forward, 2 backward.

1 Like

I’ve noticed this bug too. I’m playing on the difficulty level one up from standard (whatever it’s called) and taking down bases is having no effect on the ODI whatsoever.

I’ve taken down an enemy base of every type and it hasn’t reduced the ODI once, which would be fine if I weren’t in the late game and the ODI is 92%!

1 Like

Since the Danforth update, taking out Citadels is making a big impact on lowering the ODI. Lairs as well, though not as big of an impact.

EDIT: I let the ODI climb to 78% (maybe 80%) and over many in game days, I have kept it below 78%. Currently I have it down to 72% with one more known Citadel to clean up. However, that will have to wait until tomorrow. I will report back on the ODI after I tackle this one.

EDIT 2: Took out another Citadel and the ODI dropped from 72% to 70%. It appears there was tweaking to this in the last update. [for the record this is on Veteran difficulty]

EDIT 3: Lairs seem to reduce ODI by 1%.

2 Likes

lol… seems to be having the opposite effect if you ask me. Understanding decimals is a lot easier than understanding information that isn’t presented or available.