Nests spawning too fast?

Doesn’t anyone think the nests spawn way TOO fast?

It took less than a day after one nest’s destruction for other two to spawn. I can’t explore with my team. All I’m doing is repelling haven’s invasions and destroying ever spawning nests. No fun at all.

1 Like

I feel like the idea is that eventually, as we gain access to more Phoenix Project bases and by extension vehicles, aircraft and troops we’ll be able to multitask, meaning you’ll be able to have a team scouting for resources while one “holds the fort” or deals with heaven invasions and pandoran nests.

At least it’s what it feels like to me. We are, after all, merely playing an alpha.

1 Like

My problem is, I’ve located the second base too soon and I don’t have the resources to build the second manticore, nor my soldier limit has increased.

My concern is that with more bases you will just get more work. I’m already getting pretty bored of all the combats. I don’t want to have 10 fights each day… I want the game to progress.

It would be great if there were other types of missions, not just explore and/or fight as it seems to be now.
Something like research this, contact those guys, explore this area, etc.

4 Likes

Definitely agree here. I never finished a Long War game because of combat burnout.

3 Likes

Yeah, x-com’s 2 no mod combat count was pretty well balanced. Phoenix Point’s bb5 is overloaded with combat.

1 Like

I am hoping that the explanation is that they tweaked the RNG for BB5 so things would occur more often because there isn’t as much of the content they want in the final game. So in the final game things will start out slower/less events but we don’t see that here because it is missing the overall story.

But I could be mistaken and things will be like this in the final game. If that is the case it’s going to get very repetitive very quick.

1 Like

I would like to maintain the postapocalyptic pressure and resource drain but I agree that jumping from one combat to another gets tiring quickly. Even more with 2-3 crews and responding to everything around with them.
Could the havens sometimes fend for themselves? It feels weird when apparently nobody can do anything except PP being the sole saviour of the world. These people survived so far and built something. They should be able to handle few attacks alone, with facilities being destroyed, population decreasing, prices increasing, no recruits for PP for a while etc…
Another idea would be to be able to delegate mission command later in the game. Maybe using a building that would enable this feature in a radius of a specific base.

3 Likes

Maybe you guys didn’t noticed that but of course they can. They do it since Backers Build 3. You can check it by hovering cursor over haven to check strength of fighting forces.

I meant could they maybe not lose every single time if you don’t help them? As far as I know, the strength only serves to delay the inevitable.

1 Like

In my playthrough at least one haven defended itself. I can’t say what is frequency of those successful defences.

1 Like

Certain havens can defend themselves pretty well, mainly the ones with the “Training Center” and high population. In my game certain havens have 20-23 “Military Strength”, which means they just smash the aliens at the moment, which usually have 9-11 strength.

1 Like

OK, good then. I guess that after weak havens get demolished few strongholds would remain. That’s fine. I thought havens never win because in my playthrough not a single haven defended itself succesfully. But I quit BB5 because of save issues after a while. 40 minutes before the hotfix landed :man_facepalming:

invest in food production surplus, then do allot of mission and trade i have 3 planes in my first game atm :slight_smile:

What date are you on? That sounds like crazy progress. Any idea how many fights you had so far?

well the third plane is under construction and is not occupied :stuck_out_tongue: so there is that, game vice im 2 months 2days in, after i figured out that you could actually trade to get more stuff there it became slightly easier :smiley: and i roll backed some progress too…

edit, HAH I just leaned that you can bring 8 dudes on mission if you bring 2 planes with the extra 6 + 2(or 4 more but you cant bring them on a mission)

1 Like

I don’t want to write the same thing twice, take a look at this similar tread:

1 Like

If you wont kill the nest they will keep raiding it… After you defend Havens, there game will show you a nest. If you leave the Nest be they will keep raiding.