Mid/late game balance issues

You weren’t there for the end of FS. Yes, they stuck to some of their original design. However, they altered some things based on input. I hardly would call that a lie. But, of course you are more than welcome to your take.

As this topic diverged into CC and devs, I’ll ask a few questions. Again. :stuck_out_tongue:

Will they improve the communication with the community? Or is Council telling us how things are so going in the right direction, just as of now, all we’ll ever get? :stuck_out_tongue:

But they could, right? :man_shrugging:

Convenient they have chosen the way that can’t be any way accountable or verifiable.

Can you verify it in any way? How? Because if it is just about the trust, lack of trust is equaly valid. :stuck_out_tongue:

I left one week before FS release. You hardly remember that. Nothing changed after I leave, at least nothing by design.

They did not altered any design… they just balanced some numbers. Numbers and designs are different things. Just don’t make a party because they changed “20” to “25”… They just made their design a bit plenty with some map changes and it was mostly the “gift”.

They added different free plane numbers by difficulty which I find very lame.

You are always talking about what they did but you can’t name one…

Just search for it if you don’t believe to me. Eric @Snapshot_EE said that we will have more influence at FS design. I told him that those words are strong. And he said, he would not tell that if he would not stand behind those words. And what happened? We did not influence anything and he did not stand by his own words. I tell this “lying”. I don’t know what pink world you are living, but it’s clear. This was the reason I left. I don’t stay with liars.

Kind of sad to hear that a smaller and surely flexible company doesn’t get into a conversation about the sugestions and wishes of the comunity more, wouldn’t be that difficult I suppose.

1 Like

Problem is, if you would not communicate, react or do something about it at all why do you have…

-Canny
-Forum
-Discord
-Social Media

Why?

Did anyone see a dev talking someone at this places for decades? I don’t talk about PR guys who just post something and disappear or got no idea about development but act like it’s.

CC is for free beta testing, so it’s profitable. but for community…

Yes, and it is even worse. They have created special position (Community Council) gated behind Non-Disclosure Agreement so they actually don’t have to engage, in any conversations at all, with broader community ever again and, because of NDA, nothing they say actually matters.

You can ask simple questions during streams, and some may even get an answer, but because of the stream format it is never a conversation about feedback.

I am playing PC games since 30 years and in all that time this obiously didn’t change with a lot of companys, after all that time it should be basic knowledge that you shouldn’t piss of your comunity, if you want to stay in the market.

SG are the designers and we are the players. Their design is pretty much hard coded into the program. Any wishes for major design changes will only be seen, if there is a follow-up to PP. It’s their design not ours. It’s obvious that many are not happy with their design. That’s the way out is with every game. Not everyone is going to be happy. That’s life.

Xenonauts? :thinking: Chris released the source code for hand-picked community developers so they could implement Community Edition. Please remind me, what benefits as Community Council you have? :roll_eyes:

What? What is that suppose to mean? Do you read what you wrote?

DLC designs too… You don’t even know who is the designer at SG? Nobody knows who is that guy…

Anyway, I know you and you will defend them at all cost.

Yes, there are bad games, many. PP is a bad game too as it’s one of the least known/remembered/cared xcom based game out there. It has a huge potential and good ideas but SG did not care about it less then we do.

There is a storm here for days. Nobody cared from SG. Just you and few CC members tried to defend them and you even created excuses for SG’s like they just don’t come because we are rude… heh, funny and sad same time.

SG is not EA. They don’t have producer. They don’t have any higher ups and all of the investors paid by Epic money already. So they are as free as any indie devs out there. They could easily communicate, talk, ask, discuss things here. And I don’t care much about devs but I want the designer.

There is no excuse to this. Just don’t try to be their hero…

You need to trust councillors with this. Of course you are not obliged.

Yes they can, and they will do with announcements or developer diaries. Just like they did with DLC4 and DLC5. This is their way of communicating what will come next. Sadly they aren’t really active here, but after some not really pleasant actions performed on the forums I’m not really surprised that they don’t post here any meaningful plans. And they don’t confirm anything crucial, unless they are completely sure it will come out in nearest future. People hate when devs promissed something and later they change their plans.

Come on Yokes, at least you should not tell this…

We are not kids. People gets angry because they did not care at first place. They were never be here. Show me the last post of any dev here, before those not pleasant things happened. We are their fans and they need to answer at some degree about the problems. They can’t hide or just act like children to run off when they are upset.

There is no problem about trusting to CC. The problem is SG who is informing CC wrong. They are saying always working on something, but they can’t even bother to fix even some text info in their game for months…

Just ask them at CC channel, why do they tell nothing to cool the forum down…

That is circural argument. We’re unpleasant because they didn’t communicate with us for years, so they won’t communicate because we’re unpleasant. :slight_smile:

Hah, would need to find UnstableVoltage posts. :smiley: He was active and responsive to all kinds of matters happening here. It was June 2020? :slight_smile: And that guy could take up the beating… and still answer politely.

He wasn’t dev but acting community manager, right? :stuck_out_tongue:

Why do you say that then? Why?..

and UnstableVoltage is a community guy… not a dev, designer, content creator…

right, but his sources were trusted. :smiley:

CC people got a weird need of defending SG somehow. This will be a misery for me.

Community Manager: Ppl asks about something in the game.
Dev: Tell them we are working on it.
CM: But I did not tell you what is it about.
Dev: So what?..

Trusted Source Chat…

oh you mean someone from the desing and development. Well those guys keep away from public opinions and communication. It is not their job to do that. :slight_smile: I miss Julian poking here, but I can’t judge him while I don’t know what he is involved into. I can be sad, but probably I can also understand that.

Last actual design discussions I have found are from… Backer Build 1 and JG comments. In '18. :stuck_out_tongue: