Make a change: Ambush rework that stops naked guys flying and teleportation exploit

https://feedback.phoenixpoint.info/feedback/p/ambush-rework-that-stops-naked-guys-flying-and-teleportation-exploit

Currently ambushes are only if you are exploring Point of Interests. Change it so they actually have a chance to triger if a player have naked soldiers in a plane. And it can spawn this even outside POI, when you’re flying. You’d have to be over the mist only as a requirements to triger outside POI. IF exploring POI without mist it would work normally. Make it like 0,1% check per hour to triger if there are naked soldiers. And put some time modifier that they can spawn only once per 2 weeks or so. Or better do that linearly. Chance goes to 0,001 after the ambush and it goes up every hour so nobody could predict it and cheat it. Add multiplyer that the more naked soldiers you have the more it ticks up. So it would actually fester those who teleport endlessly and leave not-exploting players more alone.

This would basically eliminate teleportation exploit without ending teleportation.

How this would work in terms of logic? Pandorans scouting Phoenix movements and attacking weak spots.

And now you can dance.

POIs are generated at the start of the campaign. So it is not possible to create them during flight over the mist to create ambush. And missions can only be tied to POI. Sorry.

POIs are generated at the start of the campaign. So it is not possible to create them during flight over the mist to create ambush. And missions can only be tied to POI. Sorry.

But you’re creating them as a base attack sort of thing already. So theoretically it can be done when flying over discovered POIs like Havens, blank points and etc. And you need to fly over them to get to somewhere. Because that’s how it was done.

Couldn’t it work that way? Like spawn similarly like base defence but as an ambush in terrain when you fly through sth and with 0h timer.

Like I said POI are generated at the start of campaign, you only explore to find them. And missions are later on assigned to them, no matter if it is Haven Defence, Base Defence, Haven Raid, Scavenge (for resources, soldiers or vehicles), Ambush, Story mission or Diplomacy mission or even final mission at Alien Palace. No new POI is created during playthrough so nothing new can be placed between existing POIs. If you think that something new has shown up, it is only because it was there already but you have discovered it thanks to some event (scan, mission reveal, event in haven or exporation site, probe, mission assigned by faction or independent leaders etc.)

Ambush from you idea would need to search for the nearest revealed POI and then summon the airship to it to create ambush mission. Because I don’t see why such ambush could reveal a POI that was hidden until that moment (be it alien base, exploration site, ancient site etc.)

I’m only throwing ideas.

You have notifications that pandorans or others are comming to attack your bases. And this is not created at the start of the game. So it would be easy to code the same mechanic for amush only poping up with some modyfiers and conditions when you fly through sth with 0h timer starting the mission at once.

I don’t see any coding impossibilities here.

If you mean that mission could pop up over existing POI then sure, why not. :slight_smile:

Yeah of coruse. You fly over them all the time. But i mean like base defence thing with 0 timer. We’re talking ambushes here. What’s the point of getting ambush if you have 24h to react. Would be silly, wouldn’t it?

1 Like