Just had a fun run in a Lair!

No it means nothing, skills and attributes.

oh look, Mariss did it with single guyā€¦ if he had 6 it would be done a lot faster

Do you even play this game, I wonder, itā€™s just a lame high stealth exploit, pointless boredom.

there is absolutely no point discussing anything with you.

If you donā€™t know stealth exploit itā€™s just huge.

Well Iā€™m curious if you would still think like that when playing like I do:

• 1 dash max (with patch I guess Iā€™ll remove this one)
  • Rage burst with burst weapons only
  • Adrenaline Rush for melee only
  • 75% stealth max
  • no priest (with patch Iā€™ll give them a right to exist)
  • a single ā€œrallyā€ per turn
  • ā€¦ probably something else I donā€™t remember now

You just have a different way to play the game. You want an easy run and have fun doing it. I could also dash through the whole map and destroy the spawnery in one turn. Donā€™t even need a video to see how. And with the new patch, enough Rally troops should make it possible too.

EDIT: Oh, the video is about vanish, not doing in one turn. Nice OP hole too :wink:.

They are still very powerful and itā€™s hard imagine an auto nerf like Stealth 75%. The Priest problem with last nerf is only a huge amount of global SP use. The nerf was well deserved and seems work fairly well. The problems are elsewhere I believe, how control mechanisms work, enemy not attacking controlled enemy looks smart but itā€™s not, control time limit can be too long, without to mention the disgusting exploit I couldnā€™t resist in my last mission, control and steal all equipment.

I can admit Iā€™m not a that good player at this game, but I donā€™t see Lairs quickly done without:

• Some serious exploit.
  • A preknowledge of where is the target.
  • Serious (pointless) risks taken at least for some exploits.

Some players just canā€™t resist the adreanlin shoot that will provide exaggerate risks like rush to a point without scouting, it can also make a serious difference, and I admit that Iā€™m at reverse side, so too much cautious rather often and itā€™s not good either, but as thereā€™s no time limit, for me itā€™s smarter.

iā€™m actually using mods right now, and i have dash restricted to single use per turnā€¦ so that rule checks. I do not use infiltrator armor, because i dont like how it looks so my Assault/Infiltrators are using Synedrion Assault armorā€¦ you dont need to have Stealth at 75% for vanish to make you invisible.
I do not use Adrenaline Rush, in my current game, iā€™m not friendly with Anu, i do not recruit their soldiers, do not use berserkers or mutationsā€¦ Iā€™m strictly New Jericho/Synedrion tech.

And i do not have Rally on any of my soldiers. I tend to have max Willpoints and Speed on all of them, usually around 16-18 Will and up to 20 speed (if lucky and have some good traits that increase it)

I usually vanish, then dash, then move to max rangeā€¦ nothing will detect you in AI turnā€¦ next turn i repeat, at that point im already near the Spawneryā€¦ (its easy to spot the place it usually resides)ā€¦ then use quick aim and shoot with Iconocastā€¦ with vanish active you really can kill it in single shot when targeting its belly.

Well, I use vanish only to get back the 25% stealth from infiltrator. Not to cross the whole map unseen.
You can finish the whole game with a single soldier once you get an infiltrator to level 6.

It doesnā€™t make invisible like magic, it applies stealth again and then detection rules will apply again, and if one enemy break your steatlh itā€™s for all enemies.

Sirens for example have a good detection range even with 75% stealth.

To clarify, i do use mods that fix game bugs that were not fixed by the patchā€¦ like Master Marksman not working correctly, or that annoying Power bug, where each time you load the game, some buildings above PWR 20 gets powered down automatically even if you have 30max powerā€¦ and my Dash modā€¦ which sets it to be useable once per turn

I use the same mods, but havenā€™t seen the dash mod on nexus

not true. If you vanish, they wont see you no matter what. they would need to walk directly to you to spot you, same way as you can spot Tritons when they vanishā€¦ but with vanish active you can then dash away to some spot they wont see you at allā€¦

No your turn and itā€™s enemy turn, no magic.

because its my personal one. I just created Json with Dash values. there is a modding resource published that contains all base values you can change.

again, i use vanish, then dashā€¦ and they will only spot you if they are next to youā€¦ which happened to me NEVER in all my 10 playthroughts i started so farā€¦

besides, if you have 6 guys on map, and some of them are visible, they wont even bother searching for your hidden infiltratorsā€¦

A mod screwed up something, 75% stealth isnā€™t that good. Your comment means itā€™s a 100% stealth which is just dumb exploit.

EDIT:
For the 6 guys the side effect is many enemies coming to them and then polluting stealth progression. But ok with 6 and 75% I can try that too, but no the video you linked is pointless to help.

i repeat. I DO NOT USE STEALTH ARMORā€¦ i use Synedrion Assault Armorā€¦ and i use Vanish mostly because it allows you to use sneak attack for +100% damage boostā€¦

Really, hadnā€™t seen the one where you can change abilities ā€¦ itā€™s party time !!!

1 Like

here it is:

1 Like