After the 4678th Crash I have decided enough is enough the game is unfortunately unplayable. It is buggy to hell and has serious balance issues
- Return fire killing pandoran enemy causes hang - press f12 to report - unable to upload… as get message out of memory…
- Random PC breaking bug that causes my display driver to fail. 2 of my 3 monitors then switch off and one monitor to rotate its display 180 degrees. when attempting to correct, blue screen… upon re-launch the game loads on wrong monitor and the only way to correct is to switch to windowed, move to correct monitor and move to fullscreen… then to correct the resolution the game must be restarted. This… is… utterly stupid. I have not played a game in recent memory that merks my PC this hard… to make it clear, I am not playing on a toaster.
- Randomly saves get corrupted and don’t load.
Balance issues - (I’m no super gamer but i’ve played enough to class myself as capable to complete a game on normal…)
- Return fire. wtf. just wtf. no further comment, there is enough threads on it
- The game literally forces you down the route of developing soldiers certain ways or you will lose. period. If you deviate then you will get smashed by the difficulty spike.
- Losing 1 soldier can genuinely ruin your campaign. Save scum becomes the norm.
- I have had a few maps that spawned 2 bombard chirons and a scylla within 15 tiles of me. “medium threat” - yea, nice one… i wonder how many people are reloading maps just because of stupid stuff like that?
- Return fire again. because… f**k return fire.
- Lairs - what kind of level design did you have in mind when a siren can MC through 4 metres of solid wall. GG. perhaps this belongs in the bugs section
- Haven Defence - Where are the defenders? Come on, just admit it… you didn’t have time to develop this aspect of the game. “oh phoenix point are here, lets go sit and knock one out in the corner while they kill the bad guys” ----- “oh wait… they are coming to nick some food? TO ARMS. SMASH THE USURPERS.”
- I saw a tooltip somewhere that said the Havens can fight back and raid pandoran lairs? Never seen it… just another forgotten thing I guess?
- Havens go to war. within 5 minutes world war 3 has wiped out 50% of the havens in the world while the pandorans have a good giggle to themselves. Come on… thats just lazy story telling.
- An “extreme” scavenging mission spawned 18 Athrons with grenade launchers + 3 sirens. Instil frenzy and within one turn my team of 6 level 7’s (that spawned in the open with no cover) was dead. One… turn… on “normal difficulty”
I mean look, I can go on and on. Nothing should be a surprise here… and there will be the gollop train that will jump onboard and tell me I dunno what im talking about and “stfu noob git gud”. Thats great, you enjoy the game as are clearly doing so and getting your moneys worth. I am not. the game is broken. I may return to it in a year when its been patched and modded to high hell with new DLCs. Until then. I want my money back. I even posted in early access and was told by a number of people to “trust in Gollop” when i couldn’t get the doom meter past 2% before game breaking crashes… a month before release in BB5. On release i got to 10% before the same happened… waited for the patch… now I can get around 20% before it starts… i dunno… probably a memory leak that builds up?
I’ll come back in 8 more patches when i can get to 100% doom meter if i wanted to.
Good luck to you all if you persevere and get something good out of this.
P.S To end on a good note, the body part targeting is so much better than x-coms percentage nonsense. Good work there.