It would be so nice to have a skirmish mode:
- This mode would be unlocked once you finish the game
- Only the classes that you unlocked during a play-through would be available
- Not Tobias West or the Exalted
- Only the technology that you have researched would be available
- You never researched “Advanced Acid Technology”, no Jormungandr
- You could play as the Pandorans
- only the mutations that you faced
- not Yuggothian Receptacle of course
Choose the map.
Choose which faction to play:
- PP -> all human classes
- NJ -> only NJ classes
- Anu -> only Anu classes
- Syn -> only Syn classes
- Pandorans -> you got it
Choose the opposing faction played by the AI (or a human) and the difficulty level. A masochist level for the hardcore players (not me).
Select soldiers in your team with their abilities and skills (no extra skills).
It would be very important to create soldier templates to not redo the soldiers every time. Those soldiers could be used by the AI for the opposing faction.
It would make it possible to test soldier builds, try grenades, find new tactics.
And yes, it’s kind of a multiplayer except that you don’t play over the network but on you computer with someone else or the AI. Network management could come later … or never.