I am really really missing a Character Pool

One of the best new Ideas Xcom 2 offered was and is the Character Pool with thousands of options to customize your own soldiers with a big chance to meet them ingame… Giving your soldiers an own with an own customized background story would give me really more immersion… Finger crossed something like a Character Pool will come later on by patches or addons, too

5 Likes

Hands down my favorite part of Xcom 2. Im one of the weirdos that spends nearly as much time making their characters as I do actually playing the game. It would be really amazing if they added this in, maybe mod support for extra options also :smiley: My Xcom 2 team looked like Tal’darim Protoss but sounded like WH 40k Dreadnoughts.

I miss the wall of heroes or whatever it was called. The memorial of all your deeds and dead haha

4 Likes

+1 on both of the above please.

2 Likes

1 year after, there is the memorial but always not a character pool and it really miss that for me… Bored to redo that at every attempt of playthrough…

I am surprised you are compelled to do so. Customisation and Character Pool in XCOM2 are great, but I don’t think it works for PP. I think it would need a complete redesign to make customisation worthwhile - as it is, your soldier’s equipment completely overpowers customisation. It might be, that PP has various pieces of equipment, which needs to be communicated visually - while FiraXCOM has same whole-body armor for everyone.

I would like to create characters as i like… voice, hairstyle, hair colour, name, etc… AND, when i will recreate a new game, would like to recover automatically (if i want) all the characters i created before, without the boring time it is to rebegin to recreate all those characters! (i don’t think at all about the equipment)

You can vote for it! https://feedback.phoenixpoint.info/feedback/p/charater-pool

Maybe with more votes, they reconsider it, who knows…