How armor works and weapon effects

So yes I did retry and indeed it was the sniper’s ability that gave this effect, not the piercing. So piercing is really not worth it. NJ Cyclops does 150 damage, NJ Raven does 110 with 60 armor piercing but costs the double. So unless facing an enemy with minimum 40 armor, not worth it.

However, I had strange damage numbers. Shooting with the Raven, I would be doing 121 damage (10% more) instead of 110 (although I checked that I didn’t have anything to boost the damage made). Maybe the 10% increase in accuracy also translates into damage.

I also tested the NJ Deceptor yesterday on my heavy. 40 damage, 10 bullets, 2 shred per bullet (so 20 if all land). If all lands anyway the target is dead.
Plus, my heavy has the “+20% damage for rifles and handguns” that works on hellcanon and deceptor. It’s strange but the UI would show me that I would dish out 64x10 damage with my weapon (so 60% more damage per bullet). Would someone know how this calculation was made, because I had random perks for “10% accuracy with heavy weapons” and “+20% damage” (yes lucky on those) but I don’t see something that would give such a boost to damage. Still waiting for a queen to show up and use the whole magazine with the hell canon.

And I’m going to update the original post to be more accurate.

Sounds like the 10% increased damage from research, you got it?

:+1: yup that must be it, completely forgot about the research boost. It would be nice if the UI showed that the way XCOM does (details about the damage).
I guess I was shooting a triton while my assaults were dealing with the 6 panicking sirens (fortunately only one did a mind control on the first turn).
Want something OP ? How about Siren being able to mind-control a soldier if its will is greater than the soldier’s (Sirens start with 23 willpower => never fail).
6 Sirens could be a squad wipe from the first turn.

If your soldiers have 20 WP then Sirens will have only WP left for 1 turn of control. Then they will loose that control over your team. :wink:

Really, I never left them that long a control. Mind controlling my soldiers is a death warrant.
I saw that it costs 10WP for the Siren to do a mind control (that’s what was written above her when she cast her magic spell).
Do you mean that she keeps control only while her WP is greater than the controlled soldier’s ? So killing all tritons around would be enough to have all Sirens lose WP and be unable to cast their spell again (fallback to spit acid in our faces).

Cost to cast is equal to your soldier’s current WP. And then she must maintain “spell” :slight_smile: which cost her 2 WP per turn. She loose control when her WP are depleted.

Wow, thanks. Now I know where to put those PP skill points.