Heaven defence trap

I assume that there is a large battle going but PX is doing some critical mission that decides its outcome.

Though personally I would prefer if PX involvement had no impact on the outcome at all. You go in there not to save the haven, but to get some goodwill with the faction for helping them out and, most importantly, to locate the Pandoran base.

5 Likes

I did it. Well, mission was easy for me when I played it the way I usually play. So it actually was not a more than medium threat. But loading your second save was quite not winnable for me without cheese tactics (which I don’t use). You albo probably had a lot worse RNG with the enemy deployment and you have put your soldiers in a lot more dangerous situation, than I do.

Too bad that it is without my commentary, forget to turn on mic? Need to check that.

So surface info is misleading, as a conclusion?

Not at all, the second save he already lost 3 soldiers with 2 soldiers and an Aspida left. Quite different with the starting condition.

1 Like

I agree it reflects progression of battle as time goes by (“late for party”). I like that aspect as being realistic.

Can you see where the bodies are? They are far away from the boss initial lcoation. 1st save is turn 3. 3 turns 3 bodies of my top soldiers. If you know exactly all alien monsters or abuse save reload than mey be this is a “normal mission”. Ill just ask for refund.

Heaven is winning 9:7 but heaven forces became weaker. You say this is not misleading. Bye-bye.

1 Like

I think the numbers are relevant because when the haven is attacked again it will have a lower military strength (it gets partially rebuild, but if you have a haven in range of a Pandoran colony, it will usually succumb after 2-3 attacks).

2 Likes

I have to tell you, mate, that the people you’re talking to never use SAve/Reload as a matter of principle.
But even they would admit that they are very experienced players with hundreds of hours in the game, so they’ve faced this kind of situation scores of times before.

Taking down a Scylla with a low-level squad is tough, but it’s not impossible - and the sense of satisfaction you get when you achieve it is hard to beat.

But you do have a point: the force calculation is misleading if you don’t know how to read it. The numbers matter much less than the Threat Level. if TL is ‘Extreme’, you can can damn near guarantee to get a Scylla there, no matter how low the numbers are - the numbers just decide how much the enemy gets to spend once the level of the enemy threat has been determined.

A colleague on the CC once explained it to me, but I can’t remember the details. I’ll ask him how it works and get back to you.

1 Like

Then there must be a way to present it more clearly to the players. Havent through that way? Dont defend the existing, think of improved.

The initial force counts for the haven attack are a major indicator as to what Pandoran forces to expect. If the number of attackers is low, it’s more than likely a Nest doing the attack. Number around 12-16 usually indicate a Lair. Numbers 18 or greater almost certainly indicate a Citadel. The latter will almost certainly include a Syclla.

The numbers after the initial attack are just indicators to provide an estimate on whether one can reach the battle in time.

Matter of fact, the first Scylla is actually the best experience (at least for me) I have had and nothing later game compares to that. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well, once you’ve figured out that EXTREME = Scylla and HIGH = Sirens & Chirons, there’s not much else be said.

Each point of strength generally equates to 2 or 3 Pandas or 1 or 2 Haven Defenders, but bc they are drawn randomly from a force pool determined by the threat level, it is virtually impossible to predict what you will face - other than the Big Nasties flagged up by the Threat.

My basic rule of thumb is if the Threat if High or greater, I wait until the last possible minute before I engage, and let the defenders whittle down the numbers for me.

But I have been in more than 1 situation where my Lvl 4 B or C Squad has been ducking & diving around a Scylla, using hit & run tactics to wear it down enough to scare it away - and generally those missions have been amongst the most awesomely enjoyable engagements I’ve had in this game :laughing:

3 Likes

You ask for a refund because of that? How many times did you fight the Scylla? :slight_smile: I don’t know how you get lost your first 3 soldiers but is it strange. Like you see from my video it isn’t about mission beind difficult. There something went wrong. Trying mission for second time woudln’t hurt you. There is restart option if you don’t want to use saves. I beat that mission in first attempt with only Assault hurt from Arthron poison.

Dont ask for reasons, comply customer demands. Dont redicule their needs. It makes you a bad Councellor. Not everyone is you and Scyllas are tough for unexperienced players. Let me try it.

This is real reason. Councellers saying “lalalala” to real spot ons.

Keep a bit distance from Scylla.

Use all explosives you have - granade launcher first.

Hit head with snipers because its likely to panic like that or chose ONE leg to slow it down.

If you have VIRUS weapons use max WP to shoot it as many times also.

If you can concentrate super power squad you can beat it in 1-2 turns.

Dont mind any other aliens unless they are too close, then hit em with dem mighty rods and shotguns.

I suppose you don’t get what my role is there. I don’t speak for any PP user. I speak for those who I see have a good reason to speak about something. Of course Scyllas are tough. That is why I say that restarting a mission wouldn’t hurt anyone who is not familiar with fighting them. And definitely it is not a reason to refund the game. I don’t care about his customer demands. I am also a customer - not the developer.

Sure because you know better. :wink: You know what - you start to piss me off. I think that I will start to ignore you.

Then just dont comment on it.

You should. But your comments are simply inappropriate here. And what is worse, you are unable to figure it out. You downplayed and ridiculed him. You need to apologize.

And yes, I told him more of how to deal with Scylla WITHOUT any rationalization. Learn from that.

I don’t think you will find a single person here on this forum that finds your comments appropriate. :stuck_out_tongue: Everyone keeps telling you that. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I am glad you are everyone now. If you take away counselors that have holy duty of protecting “unprotectable” + Corto as special case, please find me an example.

At other hand, you can also find numerous answers to players questions, like in this case, quite better then the rest. I do understand mods would like to have it back to quite place, and it should, so please cease with your negativity. I promise I will improve too. Its not in accordance with your name, while mine is more militant.

Back on heaven defense trapping, info on whats going on, needs to improve to make players decisions to go or not go more realistic. That should be a conclusion, and most of counselors in that manner, do troll around, or ekhm, dance around it.

He can just see my video on how to do that. I don’t need to write transcription of my video. Or he can just click ‘search’ and find ‘how to kill scylla’. I don’t see a reason to write it all again. Even more I don’t see a reason to refund a game, because mission was too hard despite saying it was not supposed to be. But yep this is his right, and he can try to do that. It is just not reasonable for me, but I won’t stop him if he really is after this.

Everyone deserves max effort, not everyone has same skills and no one deserves personal teasing. That is how I read mega TOS and counseillere role.