Hard Crash in MacOS

I suspect this is something introduced in a patch in the last 10 days or so – played a campaign through to completion without anything like this.

Symptom is something I almost never see on a Mac: a hard crash where the only option is restart. No possibility to swap out and terminate PP. Screen flashes white in large rectangular blocks (half or quarter screen). Has happened 4-5 times in last few days.

Am playing on a 32Gb iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015) - no other memory hog apps. 10.14.6 (18G95)

Play with default graphics settings started to get slow and jerky, so I tried various windowed modes, reducing size, graphical features - no effect. At full-screen, medium graphic preset for the last crash.

1 Like

I think there’s a possibility to report such rare problem, it’s very rare but I got one recently when updating a mouse driver, it probably happened because its panel setup was open during the update.

Logs should be generated in such case, and could be send to dev.

One thing, is to try check file integrity with the Epic client, probably not the problem, but on weird behaviors it worth a try.

Thanks for the reply.

• Happy to send logs - where are they?
  • Verified, without comment from the client.
  • Also, for what it’s worth, PP crashes on exit every time – not a hard crash, but clearly not desired behavior.

I checked for crash log, and I think I was wrong, can’t find log related to such force restart crash. The console collect the logs, eventually after next crash check with it if there’s something, but it’s hardly for common users. Sorry for the false track.

Yes the game quit generates an error, for sure not intended, but probably not a serious problem. There’s code trying free memory that wasn’t allocated.

1 Like