Fix Overpower explosive bomb abdomen chiron enemy

How do I get mutigen? I made it to 88% and gave up my last game, and never saw it.

Help!

For Chiron, you have several strategies:

• On small maps itā€™s often possible to use Warcry. The bombard thing cost 3 action points on a total of 4. Warcry remove 2 AP. So as long as you are able to maintain the debuff you will be safe. This strategy is risk freeā€¦ Warcry is probably one of the best ability in game if not the best because itā€™s available early.

• In lairs you can use snipers or heavies on high ground. Hiding behind walls can help to mitigate damage. However this is not risk free and you can be nucked :frowning: The Warcry can help if you manage to get in range.

Jumped to high ground. Two Sirens within 5 tiles. Team canā€™t even get there. Mind controlled. Two turns later, artillery nukes team as usual.

Sorry, that is just not gonna work. The only thing that can help me is downloading dnSpy and fixing this gameā€™s files myself, it seems.

1 Like

How about that Goo abdomen though, amirite?

No. Goo abdomen is 100% family safe. I can bear with 2-3 soldiers not moving. Artillery one just oneshots all arms from any point of the map, and itā€™s done.

P.S. dnSpy-ing that stupid unity engine worked as usual. I was rage-hacking it because of frustration, so instead of some nice clean hack, I broke ai control of all parabolic weapons, and hooray, the game is playable again, even though launcher arm crabs took some collateral damageā€¦

1 Like

These guys seemed hard to me 2 in the begining. Now i found myself a few ways of making them easy and the forum seems to give a few more suggestions. The idea is to just gang on him and kill him fast.

If it is too far, you can also just use terrain and structures as cover, same with the goo guy.

Yes,l saw some YouTuber that avoid getting bombarded by taking cover under building and terrain,but since the explosive bomb abdomen Chiron can spawn far away and can fire from a long distance,if you want to locate it and kill it,you need to move away from your cover to advance resulting getting bombarded and keep in mind,not the full map have building and terrain to take cover, sometimes there are cover even spawn far away from your squad spawn point,l saw there are even some special operation and even the lair that donā€™t even have building and terrain for you to take cover

Best thing here is to have an infiltrator, who cannot be seen even if firing (bug ?) !
Get to that monster and pump him full of bullets and in adition give sight to your snipersā€¦

First you need to have the mutation building in one of your bases. The research for it was after youā€™ve built the mutant capturing building (apologies I donā€™t recall the exact names). Pretty sure you need to have made a least 1 live capture to do the research, and potentially have alliance with Disciples of Anu (not sure about the second half either, but my guys are allied so it might have helped).

On the personnel page where you can view your troops, thereā€™s two more tabs at the top - vehicles and containment. The containment tab is where you can see the guys youā€™ve captured and kill them for mutigen.

Ah thanks. I actually discovered this for myself (finally) since asking, but cheers for the reply.

Have yaā€™ll heard about that goo abdomen though?

Discovered something new today. If you target the rear legs on the mortar Chiron, you can seriously reduce its accuracy. It also prevents that stability stance where the bastard launches 5 rounds at once. Once I took out a rear leg, the scatter on the shells got much bigger.

Bonus: itā€™s lightly armored and only has 140 hp.

1 Like

chirons are general pains in the backend, but the mortar chiron is in my oppinion the most dangerous enemy in the game. the solutions employed are:
-cheesing it with a 100% stealth infiltrator using the ā€œshotgun to the faceā€ strategy.
-rally and jetpack heavy rage burst. on the abdomenā€¦if it aint dead its at least disarmed.
-evac, then reroll the lair/citadel.
-ignore and rush objective instead (in lairs citadels)

I have yet to find a way to let them run out of ammo without taking huge hits, and this unit has managed to 1-shot units across the map.

1 Like

Oh, I know, Iā€™ve experienced it. I still donā€™t want to let lairs sit there until Iā€™ve got L7 soldiers.

I have yet to face a lair where both mortars had me under fire at the same time unless I messed up. Iā€™ve also started blasting holes in walls to make a safer path; the Hel cannon makes nice holes. Iā€™ve also used it to open up sightlines to concealed Chirons

Jokes on me,after l play to the endgame,l realized the explosive bomb abdomen is actually the second overpower enemy,the first place goes to the final boss,it is unplayable and very unbalanced,even l have to restart the game because of it

1 Like

Yes, especially when they walk on different places on the map and cannot be seen.

1 Like

It seems that direct hit from grenades makes them explode twice. That does not help at all. One grenades donā€™t do much damage but you become highly vulnerable from any other damage. The second one is a lot more dangerous because of that. When a grenade explode twice you easy get 3 times the damage.

Will try that next time i meet them, thanks for the tip :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hard with 2 chiron with explosive bomb and scylla on the same map, game in rookie modeā€¦ All my team is dead, happy end!

1 Like