The DLC 1 is on my list under “self enforcing rules” for not allowed things, unfortunately.
Almost like pay to win, just my opinion.
(Idea, theme and design are very great)

At some point in development enemies started to aim their weapons. Maybe it is not complete free aim as we have, but definitely they target specific body parts.

Maybe my experience with the rare head hits has to do with the fact that the AI also weighs up where the chances of a hit are better? Then would other body parts be preferred despite the low armor of the helmet?

I don’t know AI decision algorithm, but for some reason my soldiers have head disabled more often than other body parts combined together.

1 Like

Same here, are they aiming to head becuase of WP lost? I don’t know but it happens, and I prefer head to arms, if I don’t have a technician in the squad

Same here.

I think it’s because it has generally the lowest armor. For example, Triton snipers will always target a Heavy’s head when he is fully clad in heavy armor, at least IME.

Or pay to loose if you run into enemies with acid :joy:

Bionics are so good? I think I am a noob then for not seeing their potential.

1 Like

Well, I see a lot of advantages.
Very simply said: If the opponents become more difficult, then the same things usually helps on the player side :wink:

But honestly: Only because of acid? The frequency of acid opponents (my experience) and the acid damage (update) have been reduced. And even if they are there, you can only concentrate on the chiron and stay away from the arthrons. With my style of play NO problem at all, actually never had.

• Resistance to Mind Control, Poison, Blood, Virus is something …
  • In a relative comparison: very good armor and still better speed and accuracy (poor stealth can be neglected in the armor, I personally think)
  • But more importantly, the included skills
  • The disadvantage is the higher acquisition and repair costs (irrelevant in endgame)

@etermes can probably explain it much better.

I stopped using these supertoys when I realized that they affect the difficulty curve exactly the opposite of how I would like it. With the DLC the early game is more difficult because I think the “Pure” is a difficult (but interesting) opponent. In addition, I can’t really afford the supertoys at the beginning.
But: In the endgame I literally swim in resources, I can easily equip the soldiers with the supertoys, which can make me even more effective (to make me even more bored).

But not a big deal: luckily I can just turn off the DLC.

1 Like

Fair enough. Personally, I still sometimes struggle with Chirons more then anything else.

Though, after my poor sniper melted after getting sprayed with acid on anu ambush, I have been reluctant investing in armor. I am also not deep enough into campaign to swim in resources.

I usually complete Overrun and Undefendable missions in the beginning, also whispers but I don’t use Bionics tier 3 (restricted bionics tech)

Acid could be a problem if I don’t get Nanotech from Synedrion, but advantages are plenty.

Clarity Head and Sirens MC and mindfraggers are not a problem, anymore,
resistance to poison, bleeding and virus, and armor 30 is something.

Armadillo legs , armor 40, Goo immunity, freedom to move.

Those augmentations improve a lot accuracy for Heavy class, and I use a lot Hel II Cannon.

Assault soldiers use also Clarity Head and depending on Goo repeller Module (not always I get it) Armadillo legs, or Neural Torso (Mounted weapons + carrying more weight)
or Juggernaut Torso, great armor+Shield , the latter I use it not often

For Snipers my preference is Synedrion armor (best accuracy) until last mission.

Playing Legend, every armor costs a lot and sometimes is better augmentations, or upgrading, new “naked” recruits receive the “old” armor

I don’t face final mission without Clarity Head for evey soldier, I don’t want to lose turns

1 Like

What happens with acid and bionics is that when the bionic body part is hit by acid it goes right through the armor, correct (so armor does not have to be reduced to 0 first for the acid to start acting)?

If so, is the strength of the armor subtracted from the strength of the acid?

AFAIK no, but it deals double acid damage, so if you get hit by a grenade that deals 40 acid you receive 80 on bionic and 40 on normal body parts. But first turn (the one you get hit) it only removes armor as usual.

1 Like

Is there a way to remove acid status?

No (if they not change it the last 2 patches).

I will check today with two bionic augmentations, and I posted here

This soldier with two bionic augmentations(head and legs) received 100 Acid:

Directly 40 damage due to Acid, and -90 armor, it seems that Bionic parts “attract” the acid

2 Likes

The torso as not bionic got 20 acid, so -20 armor in the turn when he is hit. -10 acid, so rest 10 acid for next turn (the turn when you look at his info).
The bionic head and one of the bionic leg got 40 acid in the turn when he is hit (as I mentioned above simply doubled the 20 base acid damage) and so all armor is gone by this. Then -10 acid, rest 30 acid in the next turn.

Edit:
Oh, I have not seen the 40 damage.
But where they come from and which bodypart is affected?
None bodypart has suffered that damage as the info screen shows? (I assume the 5 on the one leg are from before?)

Hmmm, I think it is bad luck in this situation, I remember that I often had luck with my bionic heads that wasn’t hit by acid.
Or it is probably simply calculated, because it seems to me the grenade hits the upper torso and then splashes the head and the one leg that shows to the Arthron. More logical would be also the one arm in the direction of the Arthron, but maybe it actually can only hit 3 bodyparts and not more?

IMO heavy armor should be complete with the same type of armor for legs or supplemented (possibly with a penalty) exosceleton. This will give an understanding of Weight and Natural Use (Movement and Leap).
ekzoskelet

No. :slight_smile:

Poison. Leg was probably hit with something poisoneous in previous turn.

Other leg is not affected. Arms probably were shielded by weapon.

1 Like