Don't like the vehicle irreplaceability

It’s really strange, I’ve seen a lot of people complaining about weapon destruction preventing them from successfully completing a mission. It has never happened to me, not even once. I didn’t even know the weapons COULD be destroyed until I read it in the forums. I’ve seen every type of limb be crippled, almost every building get demolished by various sources. But never a weapon, not even on the enemy. It does sound very irritating though. I assume there will be some kind of work around introduced for this in the later builds. We already have one for getting over the limb damage situation.

As for viable strategies for fighting the new and improved queen (who looks very badass by the way, nice work) explosives and armour shedding/penetration are still viable options, but she is more resistant to it this time around so it is less effective. The ramming ability of the Armadillo is just one option for doing some hefty damage to her. Another option is to use the melee stun attack from the technician to stun lock the queen until you can get her sufficiently wounded to not be a problem any more. That is apparently possible but I haven’t tried it myself. That feature will be balanced later so it only works when a certain % of health is taken off (Technician Stun Lock). Also if you find some turrets to make small ‘wall’ of them this can distract the queen as she has to attack them individually to move past them. They won’t be able to damage her (seriously, zero damage every time they fire at her) but they distract her which buys you more time to get those explosives and armour penetrating shots in.

I actually really like the differences between BB1 and BB2 in terms of having new toys to try out and new Queen mutations to deal with, it’s nice to see the kind of progression we will be in for when the full campaign comes around.

As for balancing issues, yeah I don’t ‘think’ most people are expecting perfect balance here. Personally I have found it to be mostly fine so far. I would prefer the devs to be concentrating on the new content rather than balancing a build which will be obsolete two months later. Seems like a lot of effort could potentially be wasted there. I’m just happy we get to see the progression through the builds! Shows some real dedication to their player base.

2 Likes