Do you thinks this is fair?

So this mission the extraction target starts with my team and the extraction point is on the other side of the map. My starting move, I can’t not spot the enemy by running maximum in any direction. The first enemy turn between 5-8 soldiers get spotted. The all shoot past my men and focus the dude I am trying to rescue.

2 hits from a sniper and he is toast every time, first turn fail. The only time I made it to second turn was a fluke. They had some missed shots and left him bleeding on a few HP. I fixed him with one turn, was only able to kill one sniper with the rest of my turn… first shot of enemy second turn he was dead again. It is a no win mission.

Sounds like a classic RNG snafu.

On the one Rescue Mission I’ve done, I reckoned I couldn’t get the dude anywhere safe on the first turn, so I hid him in the tightest, most inaccessible corner of the building he was in and waited while I pushed my guys up.

Second turn, a Bad Guy comes into the building. So that’s the point when I sprinted Maguffin Man towards my guys as hard as he could and hid him behind the farthest cover he could reach. My 2 Infs moved up past him and set up an overwatch screen along with my Snipers to take out anyone following him through the door, while my Heavy & Berserker/Asssult kept the other BGs we’d spotted occupied. Seemed to work.

I find with a lot of this game, sometimes you have to wait and pick your moment, rather than rushing around immediately.

But then, it could just be a crappy RNG…

Shooting the head of a Siren removes 30 WP. Usually, Sirens have 30 WP, so it puts them at 0 WP.
What happens is:

• They keep their mind-control, but won’t be able to pay the 2 WP cost to keep it once their turn comes (so you get your soldier back)
  • They can still mind-control one of your soldiers if he has 0 WP. But will loose control on the next turn anyway.

I play on PC. Here on my version it works, I have tested it.

Along with that…they get return fire on grenades you throw. Our soldiers do not. Whats with that?

Very much, did one only twice, first time first campaign it was like some describe and my team wasn’t ready for a trick as explains CoyoteNZ.

Reloaded so many time, and finally an enemy moved close to target, enough to protect him, and I could rescue, but I think I still lost a soldier death but was happy with that. Defenders was NJ.

Second time, I bring only one soldier with stealth, and the RNG decided be cool with me, guy to rescue was relatively close, move close enough throw a decoy that did the job, escaped two turns later. Defenders was Anu.

Next time I won’t bother and will bring a team with 8 Rally and two Decoy.

EDIT: It’s not that rescue a prisoner is a totally uncommon mission type, Phantom Doctrine and even XCOM1&2 do a much better job on that.

A hour into play since new hotfix and I loose another good soldier to RF. This is really starting to cheese me off now.
It doesn’t matter what I read and learn about the RF in PP it’s still feels to be such a unfair and unavoidable mechanic.

What really rubs salt into the wound is that the guy that RF you takes a few minutes turning around to locate where the shot came from, while all the time your guy is standing there shouting “shoot me I’m over here, no not over there, over here” It is such a bad part of the game and something that really needs something to be done to fix it . It’s worse than the game crashing.

1 Like

Think about it. What benefit is it to seek cover when it becomes useless when shot from.

To prevent from being shot at

It doesn’t really do that either though when you can die from being shot in the toe :wink:

Apart from the scavenger missions this is the only none bugged part of the game that I have found to so wrong and misplaced. It’s as if the developers ran into a creative block with RF and scavenging and simply tossed in something silly.