General feedback. I’ve just done the first mission, not sure if it’s a chain or these missions are just going to pop up randomly about the place. This will include some spoilers.
- New map tiles look good.
- The inclusion of units pre-mind fragged is a great idea, and possibly something to introduce into more missions. Has a fun feel to it, and makes a lot of sense in the environment.
- The final engagement with the testic… corrupt node is interesting with the worms and stuff all springing on you. Took some serious damage from that surprise.
- The corrupt node’s virus attack doesn’t seem to do anything, or it doesn’t use it, not sure which it is.
- Lazy hitboxes - much like some of the other later additions which have had a very poor effort on hitboxes (myrmidons, umbras) this model is one blob with locations able to be individually targeted. The locational hit boxes are a unique feature of the game, if you stop making things which use your unique features then you don’t have those features.
- The nodes reliance on the pillars means there’s only 1 place on the map it could be. In future to prevent the worm surprise I could just blow a hole in that building and execute it at a safe distance (cheese), or if you make the node itself dynamically attach to different environment points it would be less predictable so harder to cheese.