Can't change resolution after Hastur update (Steam)

The title is self-explanatory.

Same problem here. I can change the resolution but can’t see what resolution I’m chaning it to.

Yep - same on EPIC store, first time I’ve logged in in ages just to post this. Glad it’s not just me.

A little worried - Snapshot have said there won’t be anymore support, but this needs to be fixed.
I’ve waited years since backing PP for the whole package to be complete - the day it is - I can’t change the screen resolution!

Same here, please fix!

I think Snapshot is done with the game development as they completed the game as they envisioned it. They will not add new features, balance updates, new DLC and so on. But they must have some team for fixing bugs that may have been introduced by the last update, such as this resolution settings bug.

While a definitive solution does not arrive, I found that you can check current resolution settings and change them on Windows Registry. The settings are in this Windows Registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Snapshot Games Inc\Phoenix Point

Change these values (you must set them in hexadecimal).

This doesn’t help in my experience. After changing the values to 2560 and 1440, once loading the game the resolution is clearly not correct, screenshots confirm that the game is still running in 1920x1080, and upon exiting the registry settings are reverted back to what is shown there.

What an annoying bug.

Thank you for reporting the problem. We are sorry and will fix it.

Meanwhile here is a workaround how can you find correct resolution for your screen.

Start the game and go to Options - Video. Change screen mode to window.

Click few times on the left or right buttons next to needs text in the resolution. Apply button will appear. Click apply. It will change your resolution. Continue doing this until the window covers your whole screen. Once the window covers your whole screen you found the right resolution. Change screen mode back to full screen.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

1 Like