Backers Build 5 feedback

Here is my feedback regarding the build. Lots of good stuff, but rather focus on what I think could be improved. I played on Standard, starting 2 games for about 16h.

Recruits:

• 2 starts and got 0 recruits offered (I did the research)
  • Havens with over 10K ppl and no recruits?

Maps:

• Way too small, run into many groups
  • Too much clutter, cover everywhere, LoS too tricky, becomes boring
  • Too dark sometimes

Damage/Life:

• Everyone has a lot of life, both enemies and our units, it slows the game down
  • early humans come with 200 life and like 20 armor, that’s a LOT to go through with initial weapons

Mist:

• Stays forever, rather than having a duration
  • Apparently low AP cost, since mobs can move quite a bit and still “cloud”, or cloud and then still shoot you
  • Spreads immediately and its 6 squares radius it seems, which is quite big (too big?)
  • Very potent obscurement

Suggestions
Recruits:

• Each haven should have at least one recruit available
  • Why not have resources be the limiting factor, rather than recruits?
  • Maybe consider having 2 different types of recruits some general bland ones and some faction specific that would be rare?

Maps:

• Please make the maps bigger and more open, sometimes it’s like fighting in a teenager’s room, it’s full of clutter everywhere. Slows down the game and makes LoS a nightmare
  • I know you can stay back and blast stuff, but that is such a sterile way to play, which defeats the map design IMHO

Damage:

• I would either decrease the enemies HP or increase weapon damage

Mist:

• Mist is super OP at the moment and detracts from my enjoyment, "finding 5 Tritons that blanket a lot of the map in permanent smoke “for free” is not fun
  • Consider making the ability to smoke cost more AP, so it’s not just an auto-use every time
  • Consider making the smoke clear after a while or when you kill the origin unit
  • Consider having a smaller radius, or have it increase/decrease over time
  • Consider no WP penalty for the first turn inside smoke, or a smaller one perhaps
  • Another option is having only a limited number of units with the smoke attachment, rather than all of them, that means the player can try to snipe that one

Sorry that was a bit long… oh, is it just me or is the cannon not that good?

Edit: Forgot to mention that combat seems very frequent, not sure if that is by design

3 Likes