[BackerBuild1] We need percentages of possible damage

A couple of very good points here. Firstly, autoaim targeting should pick targets a bit more intelligently. In my opinion it should even be tied to some kind of marksmanship skill. That way a more experienced soldier will pick a better target than a rookie.

Your other point, waiting for animation, is a more serious issue. The main cause of this issue is the ambiguity of the nature of turn-based combat in PP. Allow me to shamelessly quote my post from another thread:

What this means, is the enemies are sort-of moving around during player’s turn and, more to the point, during manual aim mode. If you are just observing the enemy that’s not a problem but when you are directly picking a target and enemy movement may directly affect which targets are available, idle animation, intended as a purely cosmetic feature, actively interferes with a core game mechanic(LoS aiming).

I am not sure if there is a simple way of dealing with this outside of pausing the animation during manual aim and setting the enemy pose to some kind of “average” pose it is supposed to have at that time. It is a bit of a workaround but I don’t think that current state of affairs(spending real time to wait for the game to present you with a target you want or sometimes even being screwed out of your chosen target because your enemy twitched right before you confirmed the shot) is something that should be in the final game.

3 Likes