Archangel RL1 Heavy Rocket Launcher STILL has no blast radius after Cthulhu patch

The explosive Chirons appear now way later in the game. By the time they do you will be able to do so many horrible things to them you will feel too ashamed to use Boom Blast on top of everything else :wink:

Also, the infamous double explosion bug has been fixed, so getting hit by an explosive Chiron is really not that big of a deal now.

Actually, that’s going to be my selling point for nerfing Boom Blast: it was always argued that it was necessary because Pandas were too OP. Well, now that Pandas have been nerfed, it’s high time to nerf Boom Blast.

2 Likes

Good to know, then I support your idea about BB

Boom Blast range bonus causes similar issues as high mobility. It makes positioning much less relevant, therefore it hurts tactical challlenge. Getting rid of that +range bonus does not make soldier weaker, but forces player to be more aware of the battlefield, which is good.

1 Like

If Boom Blast was changed so that the multiple explosive weapon shots landed in a wider, less-accurate pattern, that could make it a still useful ability for fighting large numbers of bunched up enemies, without always being able to repeatedly hit the same enemies throughout. Combined with changing the Sneak Attack and Adrenaline Rush abilities that the infiltrator and Berserker have, so that they are no longer overpowered, then the overall power of explosive weapons can become more toned down, balanced and reasonable. I would rather see an Archangel RL1 blast radius update being introduced alongside changes like this.

By the way, do you think that ‘Boom Blast’ could use a different name? How about if it was called a more realistic name like ‘Fire for Effect’ instead?

1 Like