Alien base detection completely messed up

There is a lategame tech, that adds 4 hours as alert timeframe, so the first 4 hours, nothing is happening at all. A Helios has a speed of 650km/h, means you can move it 2600 km in these 4 hours.

This is not everyone’s play stile. I for myself will not raid my neighbours till no end. I steal maximum one aircraft and that’s it. It is simply not my understanding of for what Phenix Point is there.
There should be better solutions for the player to get resources, tech and science. Trading in this game is weak compared to raids, and it is tedious and costs to much time.

You are right, trading is pretty awful in this game and there is no real alternate to get resources actually.

You get resources by one time scavanger missions and haven defenses. Haven defenses are pretty random and appear anywhere in the world, so chance is high, you will simply miss the mission, or simply can’t reach it in the early game, meaning you will miss the defense haven successful reward. So actually the only real steady income of resources is your neightbor, even i dislike this kind of gameplay.

I don’t know if there is a big diplomatic overhaul sheduled. But i hope so, so it does not feel mandatory to abuse your neightbors.

I just got many haven defense missions on places, even a 2nd ord 3rd team wouldn`t reach.

Bad design idea to bind detection to haven defense missions.
It was much better in the past.

Update:
I now reached endgame: Population 30 %;

Almost no haven defence missions anymore.
The ones, that occur give you only few time moments to react. Impossible to get them.

Thus the remaining colonies are impossible to detect.

I will cheat my way with the console, until that matter has been “fixed”.