Weapon proficiency

Weapon proficiency should give that particular soldier ability to use the weapon no matter if his class is not linked with that particular weapon… its kinda quite contradictory when you spend 25 points to be proficient with something, but not be able to use it because its different class… right now, these weapon perks are pretty much a waste of points as they force you to multiclass… so either make sure those custom perks are class appropriate or move them to classes directly.

Weapon proficiency should give that particular soldier ability to use the weapon no matter if his class is not linked with that particular weapon

Thats exactly what it does.

The menu has “CLASS FILTERS” as it is not a “CLASS WEAPON” it wont show up in the menu, remove the class filter and select the weapon.

What this guy said. You just need to change your filter and you will see the weapons available to you.

LOL! Thats exactly what that does bro!

Also you have little symbol on weapons which your soldier isn’t familiar with. This in case you choose to see everything and think that your brand new assault can use sniper rifle well :smiley:

ok,good to know… would be great if there was a selector for items soldier is proficient with… so its less confusing. i doubt im the only one who did not figured this out.

There are lots of small things to fix for this version of the game. Don’t get me wrong: the game is great but unfinished when it comes to patching. I am sure that they will fix these things quite soon.