This is not what I expected

All the people that have supported it before the release were. Its sad that end users must be. Hope it just wont happen again. Ever. Its far better if BB6 was “public candy” and release moved to feb 2020.

It’s only “easy” if you cheese your way through with sniper/heavy or mind crush spam or 100% stealth … or …

In short, abilities are too stronk … especially certain synergies. It’s not about the tactics during the battle, it’s about decisions you make before them. They need to work on this.

The only things I agree with. Especially 2 or 3 Chirons on opposite sides of the dang map.
Instant production only applies to ammo and medkits: the former is easy to mass produce and I don’t know about the latter but I’d imagine the same.
Instant teleportation: look I like the complexity but that level of micromanagement is really extreme.

“5-7 assault buddies with Rally, and can massacre almost everything using Iconoclasts” I suppose if you add armor break they could one shot a triton or Arthron but late you NEED armor break.

“Maps are way 2 small. And laggy…” You might have a good point here. If nothing else mission difficulty seems worse on higher difficulties because the 2 dozen or so enemies just focus fire you down after they clear the objective. If nothing else it would be nice if it were possible to save more than two crates in a supply mission.

“Engi: well, remote turrets are pretty much OP.”
Disagree. Maybe I’m using them wrong but find that at most they tend to just be targets for every enemy on the map and suddenly arthrons with their machine guns get a spontaneous accuracy boost that allows them to kill a turret from ten tiles away.

“Spawnery mission, that can be done in 1 or 2 turns is a… you already know.”

I wish I could clear a dang spawnery in one or two turns. 90% of the time I just get bogged down in a tunnel while half a dozen arthrons spawn next turn.

“Mobs are stupid and absolutely suicidal…”
I wish. Maybe it’s because of late game without piranha but the sheer amount of health and armor means even a normal Arthron can tank a freakin’ anti-tank round! By the end of hard mode rage burst was the only thing that could reliably kill anything!

But maybe my experience is different from yours maybe I tripped a bug that increased enemy health and armor to ludicrous levels or maybe if you play the geoscape part of the game better the enemies don’t escalate so quickly.

Just to address a few points - Lairs in one or two rounds are done using ability cheese. You don’t get bogged down in tunnels because you just dash/jetpack/infil past them and kill just the spawnery.

What he means by suicidal is that the Pandorans don’t bother with any tactics. If they have a melee weapon, they just run straight towards you instead of flanking in a blind spot like around a corner. Ranged enemies just stand in the open and blast away at you. It’s not a comment on how difficult they are to actually down, but on their AI behavior.

You can dash in, kill target, dash out. Everything but Scylla dies from 3 Iconoclast shots. Arthron always has unarmored or poorly armored body part, triton can’t hide at point blank range, chiron has no armor on head. Plus, your sniper can always destroy armor disabling some limb.

That’s why I always use most experienced soldiers, mostly 4 assault and 2 snipers. Sometimes I let it be (location) and go for scavenging at max lvl. So 80-90% crates get saved. But yeah, sometimes enemies are being spawned right next to crates. Shot happens.

As I use no vehicles on away missions at all, I place 1 vehicle (PP one) and 3 engies at the bases for defense. If you place the turrets cleverly, you can defend the base with no more than 3-4 turrets being remote controlled. I remember the 1st time my base got attacked and I had 3 naked ppl on the base except for 3 turrets. And the turrets killed like 15+ arthrons, losing one.

It’s always located far right or far left side of the map. So you take heavy assault with dash and push him forward using 5 assault with Rally. As there’s little to none enemies near the spawnery, its easy and… boring.

I think the game is well designed, yes it needs its expansions that are coming next year.
For the most part its like any game, once you align all the stats to bunny hop off each other you can pretty much clean house no matter the strategy of the game being played.

I don’t agree, your argument to add it is just a realism point of view, I see no gameplay improvement in it, at least your arguing isn’t about that.

This design element could come back anyway but the realism is far second, too many design elements do it already, like miraculously shared equipments and that’s just one example.

the game CTD 4 times for first 2 mission.
for the record, my rig never CTD for running XCOM2 War of the Chosen.

what surprised me is how this game can’t even match up Xenonauts and UFO:Extraterrestrial!

phoenix point is boring.

waste my money to buy soldier roster edition.

1 Like

No it’s not yet well designed, difficulty management is fishy.

Chiron + Siren day 20 or even before, versus first Siren 1 month and day 20 and first Chiron even later.
Scylla in Haven defense in first month versus first Scylla met in a Citadel close to end of second month.

Nope difficulty management is fishy.

EDIT: I think it’s hard to see for most players because like me they play in a way and focus varying on aspects that don’t generate such huge difficulty difference. I realized it by watching a Let’s Play at Legendary easier than a play at Easy according to elements as day, enemies, characters, equipments.

Refueling only in friendly havens would be nice imo but in the current game state, regarding adaptive difficulty and war between fractions, it would be extremely tough to finish the game. I can definitely enjoy playing without that.

By the way, that whole thing with war between fractions and “people will always fight each another” mantra is one big pile of BS. Imo people will always make alliances when in need. For instance in WW2 two logical archenemies soviets and capitalist america were allied. Another example https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAAHgAuti84

A agree about equipment teleportation, it is one of the things that should be removed asap. Most annoying and boring thing in the game is reequipping teams with the same equipment before the mission. But for that to fix they should adjust difficulty too

Long War 2 has no equipment teleport and involves as much equipment management with a much lower gameplay quality.

For me it’s part of preparing a mission and an aspect to explore and experiment. The amount of armors combinations possible, 3 equipped items, backpack of 6 items, it opens a lot of possibilities to try.

So it’s not a problem but I see your point. In LW2 there’s magicteleport of squads to base, it’s perhaps why there is that much equipment micro management. despite there’s no items teleport.

What would give to items teleport at all is a lot of troubles, ammo management is broken, change weapons for a specific mission type becomes impossible, many more.

There’s ambuhes so you better not have a nude team exploring, but for harder difficulties, I can see the efforts to save on equipment building hence the micro managment increase. Still remove items teleport won’t be a magic solution.

Agreed. Give modders a go and it will come alive!

IMHO equipment teleportation is not part of design, it’s just easier to code like that. give them time to fix game breaking bugs first before they could starts rewriting/adding features.

Also the 500 pages lore book is already here, check it carefully to quote any incoherency with such items teleport system won’t be a small task. For in game content there’s additional translation problems to manage.