Synedrion seems like the best Faction overall. Why am I wrong?

So looking at all of the factions I can’t help thinking that, while all Factions have useful tech and classes, Synedrion is better than the others in multiple ways:

Weapons Tech:
Best Tier 1 Sniper Rifle
Best Tier 1 Assault Rifle
Stun/Capture Weapons (Hera/Athena)
Poison Crossbows
Spider Drones (Drops Mic)

Armor Tech
Best Sniper Armor
Poison/Acid/Fire Resist Vest
Motion Scanner
Mutivisual Sensors
Mist Repeller
STEALTH

Vehicles
Aspida - Fast Stun/Capture AND Medic?!?!?

Classes
Infiltrator (Dorps Mic again)

General Tech
Mist Repellers
Sentient AIs

Their tech deals with literally everything:
Dismember/disable enemies at range? Pythagoras VII at your service.
Armor? Blast it off with Spider Drones.
Capture? Got it covered. Looks like meat is back on the menu boys!
Survive Status effects? No problem.
Element of Surprise? Yep, all stealth all the time and it goes with almost every other class.
Keep those pesky Pandorans in their lairs? No Mist = fewer attacks with less force.
Accelerate your tech acquisition? Siri, how do I build a viral sniper rifle?

Want something better than that? Go get that Ancient tech and get to the endgame.

What do you find potentially more valuable than the above in the other factions?

3 Likes

to have everything from everybody…

3 Likes

The main limitation of Synedrion tech is that it has low damage/armour values.

But yeah, as jj said, the real way to go is to get 50+ reputation with everybody and have all the toys. There’s really no reason to commit to one faction over the others.

2 Likes

NJ Deceptor, best MG in the game (sure, there are not much …) for incredible Rage Bursts.
NJ heavy armor, jet pack and the armor is good enough to take some hits.
NJ Technician, synergizes pretty fine with the Spider Drones (move directly after lay them out) and Aspida (up to 5 times paralysing is better than only one :wink: ).
NJ Turrets, called often as OP, Scorcher AT ftw (combined tech with Synedrion).
NJ PDW, the better assault rifles with the super OP Gorgon Eye-A at the end (same combined tech with Synedrion).
NJ vehicle (forget its name), you need a MG on speed? Here you go, nice in combination with Technician.
NJ Satellite techs, getting more scanning area and delays for heaven defenses
NJ production boost tech.
NJ recruit cost reduction tech.

Anu Shotguns, probably only topped by the ancient one.
Anu speed armor, you don’t get faster ones.
Anu Mutation, nice at some points, the best speed legs with jump for one level up.
Anu Priest, you want more speed? Get frenzied … and of course some other nice abilities.
Anu … ok, I also don’t use much more :wink:

3 Likes

I think you may have made my point for me:

Blockquote
NJ Technician, synergizes pretty fine with the Spider Drones (move directly after lay them out) and Aspida (up to 5 times paralysing is better than only one :wink: ).
NJ Turrets, called often as OP, Scorcher AT ftw (combined tech with Synedrion).
NJ PDW, the better assault rifles with the super OP Gorgon Eye-A at the end (same combined tech with Synedrion).

All of those depend upon Synedrion Tech anyway.

Also, I find MG’s kind of lackluster ATM. The 3 Action Cost makes it hard to get within effective firing range without leaving your guy out there to get hammered for a turn.

Armadillos also make no sense as all you have to do to neuter them is shoot the MG and disable it, although I guess a Tech can handle that part. My point is that the Aspida is the only vehicle I’ve found worth 3 soldier slots (barely).

Being able to run enemies down and ram large creatures to do massive damage with an Armadillo would make it a LOT more useful. Being able to reload them would also be nice.

In any case I would like to see some fleshing out with NJ and Anu Tech to make them more attractive overall. Fingers crossed that shows up at some point.

3 Likes

It strongly depends of your playstyle.
I for example prefer the Anu for melee weapons, Anu for priests rage (+50% movement, panic immune) and the NJ Armadillo (4 space heavy armroed vehicle). NJ for technician, Synedrion for Infiltrator (works very good with melee).

Technician and infiltrator combo nicely btw.

The ability to take control of turrets also works on spider drones ;D

1 Like

Wait… I thought the Fire vest was NJ and the Acid vest was Anu?
I know I never got those vests on the plays I sided only with Synedrion.

Fire was NJ definitely, don’t remember about Acid but, heck not sure there was acid module just a poison one?

Fire Resistance vest Module is New Jericho tech, Poison Resistance Vest Module is Synedrion tech, but there is no Acid Resistance Vest Module in the game currently. Given all the complaints many players have made in the past about how deadly acid damage attacks are against their operatives, and how difficult it is to counter and treat stacked acid damage-over-time status effects on operatives, I think it may be worth including an Acid Resistance Vest Module into the game in a future update.

I think it would be cool if there was a new Phoenix Project autopsy and/or vivisection research project where if we could kill or capture a Pandoran with an acid weapon mutation and complete the necessary research, we could then build Acid Resistance Vest Modules and a new type of medkit that neutralises stacked acid damage on use (maybe also make it extinguish stacked fire damage as well). That would be handy to have in the game, as there is currently no ‘cure’ for stacked acid and fire damage-over-time status effects.

Yeahp If it weren’t for their politics. The Bois in Blue would ally with them. Or at least be using their technology, before going Postal on them. :100: :open_mouth: :clap:t2: :+1:t2:

Yep, getting Aligned with Synedrion is the best package deal. I just need to reverse Deceptor MG and Anu Shotgun from other 2, and I’m set with all the best starter faction equipment.

The topic starter didn’t mention the Synedrion also having the best aircraft in the game.
(At least it is the best one until the air combat comes intto play)

You are wrong because New Jericho has all the explosions and FIRE and Anu has mutations, giant puppies and shotguns!!!oneone

To each their own though. If all their tech suits your play style then ally them asap :wink:

Their laser weapons do require more tech to replenish your ammo stores comapred to stock Phoenix Point and New Jericho tech. Half of the Anu starting tech has no tech requirement at all but so long as you keep your supplies of tech high that shouldnt be a problem :smiley: