Phoenix Point v. Cthulhu 1.6 - 30th of July

Oh yes we have :wink:

The problem with this solution (give back only the APs spent on the kill) is that there is a concern that it will be difficult to explain. ā€œGive back 2 APs for each killā€ is easy to understand, ā€œgive back the APs spent on the killā€ can be confusing, particularly for new players.

(Personally, Iā€™m not sure how much of a problem this could really be, because as a new player I expected RC to give back only the APs spent on the attack - what was confusing to me is how it generated net APs).

My concern with this approach - somehow limiting the number of APs that can be obtained through the skill - is that it puts too much of a premium on Adrenaline Rush, and to a lesser degree on other abilities skills that reduce AP cost of using a weapon.

For example, with Adrenaline Rush the 10 APs (4 + 6) can be used to fire 10 times a weapon that normally costs 3AP (a grenade launcher, a HMG, a SRā€¦ ) while a pure Assault could not get more than 5 AR bursts.

Another option is to have Rapid Clearance work like Adrenaline Rush - once activated no skills that cost WPs may be used.