My Insight into Multiclass combinations

I can confirm that you keep them, even if you don’t pick them up.

I think I got my first one destroyed by a panda, so i incorrectly assumed it was consumable.

You lose them if you deploy them and don’t pick them up in an ambush tho.

Mmm not at Easy then, got a unique turret destroyed, a special type, it was back in missions rewards.

That’s nasty, are you 100% sure? Capture works fine during ambush, excellent context for that. You don’t have the capture in mission rewards list, but it’s right their in your base.

Turrets where expandable in previous builds, now you can retrieve them so it make engi much more useful.

It looks like you keep them in pretty much every case; I’m confident I kept mine following an ambush when I left 6 on the field.

Speaking of turrets …

Engineer / Priest
This is my new favorite support combo. Bring to bear thrown turrets, cheap medpacks, mindflayer removal, body part restoration, mind crush nukes and either PDW or Redeemer weapons.

As with any engineer, you REALLY want Resourceful as a 3rd row trait, because you’re going to be carrying a LOT of stuff.

Absolutely sure - you don’t get anything out of an ambush remember, but I have lost one because of this

Well that is wrong, 100% sure, you get captures. For turrets never used them in ambush yet, it’s stuff relatively recent for me.