HYPE: What do you want out of FESTERING SKIES

OMG! Those designs! I want, nay NEED, that canine! OMG OMG OMG!

2 Likes

There is a 3D model viewer of those canine drones at the bottom of this Phoenix Point concept art webpage if you want to check it out, here’s the link.

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/aRzr6J

I’m glad I’m not the only one who wants them in the game :slightly_smiling_face:.

3 Likes

Oh, you’re definitely not alone :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I would like to see enemy types of them. Fast melee little mutogs.

1 Like

Yes, gladly something like that. Giveittome, gimmemore :slight_smile:

1 Like

I want a mutog ability to swallow an enemy whole.

1 Like

Holy crud… it clicked with the 3D model!!

That is an amazing design!!

The DOGGO IS THE BACKPACK!!!
THE BACKPACK IS THE DOGGO!!!

3 Likes

What do I want from Festering Skies?

Good question. A feeling of progression; of achieving parity with the invaders… and then surpassing them. Confidence in the end game that whatever they may have still up their sleeves can be countered and mastered. That’s a difficult feeling to design for, but it’s part of the emotional journey of the XCOM games which makes them so compelling. To go from underdog to (let me quote Jeff Wayne’s War of the Worlds - “Them running and dying… Man on top again!”). Exactly how that gets implemented I leave to Team Snapshot. I suggest Festering Skies should be heavily inspired by the artillery man’s vision ‘Capturing one of their fighting machines, learning how to build our own’.

Lets perhaps be able to take the fight underwater as well, seeing as this is the last DLC and wishful thinking, seeing as Terror From the Deep was such a great game. Perhaps a vehicle that truly is all terrain can be built. Lets have giant octopi that walk across the globe, inspired by Cthulhu, that we have to send interceptors to take down, or they can kill the defenders in a Haven.

One last word of caution. Don’t over price the new tech. There are higher difficulty settings where you can do that. Let a competent, new to the genre, Rookie player, use this new stuff and have a wonderful time beating the game. Let Normal mode push that player to the game over screen, but a reasonable tactical and strategy gamer can get a win if hes very careful. Let the higher difficulty modes be like Normal is today. Allow the player to progress up the settings. Capture the new players into the Snapshot games for life.

3 Likes

Minor correction. Festering Skies is the final announced and named DLC at this time, but two more were hinted at. Hopefully, if the Steam version sells well, we’ll continue to see more content added after Festering Skies. I’ll keep supporting Snapshot.

I love this game.

Additional Phoenix Point DLCs

So that’s the first half of 2020 sorted for Phoenix Point DLCs, with Blood and Titanium, followed by Legacy of the Ancients, and finally Festering Skies. Beyond that, there are two more DLCs included in the Phoenix Point Season Pass – but other than their price, we’ve no idea what new content they each will bring.

2 Likes

Hold on. Just because you can fly in the air and be attacked doesn’t mean it wouldn’t be an interesting idea for attacking. Consider hover up above the wall you’re hiding behind, firing at an enemy, then dropping back down to the ground. I suppose the OP idea of the enemy flapping wings is because their logic would likely leave them vulnerable in the air.

So while they’re still vulnerable to things like machine guns and accurate direct fire, they’d be strong versus inaccurate low volume gunfire and grenades, while being nearly immune to flamethrowers and flame. Would certainly mix things up and would be a welcome addition to the game in my opinion!

3 Likes

Everything is possible and can be creative then any others thinking. A flying unit which can get behind a building is a great weapon of course.

It could be limited by landing. I mean imagine jets but you don’t jump, you just fly to land somewhere.

But as i said it’s limitless. Do we need that? Not so much. Can it be a mutation? Yeah of course…

This game still needs another enemy type at Siren or just lower then siren level. When you count the mutations, It’s a big work load. As we got just a final DLC before steam and Snapshot got big things at their roadmap, we need to want to best and needed ones.

Flying, 2 legged, little Godzilla 2000 type Mutog!!!

As I said before, I would like to fight against “pandoran flying attack drones” on ground… Size of scylla maybe bigger…

1 Like

That actually got me thinking… not all pandorans have mutations. The “structures” (nests, spawnery, etc.) eggs, worms, and most notably the mindfragger. Now I want to see a small little annoying flying enemy spit acid at me, just like in the original xcom. Swarms even! Oh the nightmare!

… but yea all of the other stuff about shooting down "UFO"s akin to the Overlords from StarCraft would be expected, and shooting down large boss-type creatures that you can hunt for something valuable would be neat as well. Behemoths making some sort of return would be nice…

2 Likes

I agree. Nailed it. I would also say being in that flying mode may provide a slight evasion boost. It isn’t like they are frozen completely/entirely static in the air like a target.

Yeah, that’s what I meant by having the flying enemies animation faster so even if you tried to target a specific part of the body, you wouldn’t be able to reliably! Like when tritons are moving while you’re targeting them, but a bit faster and without the part where it’s mostly not moving (all current enemies have this in their animations, a moment where they do not move much).

That’s why a flying siren would be very dangerous, because even if it did not go for cover, you would’ve to drop her entire health bar, as you would not be able to shoot her in the head repeatedly.

2 Likes

Well, total of 5 DLCs were announced and sold, however, you are right in that only first three were named and their content revealed. Season Pass is being sold as containing 5 DLCs, so I think we can safely assume that much will be made.

A while ago UV said that they plan to support PP for at least two years, so hopefully we will still have about a year of PP after the Steam launch.

1 Like

Just to not give you the satisfaction of “I told you so” it seems the first 3 DLC will not be so optional anymore. You still might be right afterall.

EDIT: WRONG! the 3 DLCs don’t include Festering Skies - Living Weapons are treated as 3rd DLCs. Does that mean that Festering Skies won’t make it before Year1 release? It wouldn’t surprise me.

1 Like

On the bright side, “Year One” gives me hope we have at least a couple more years (more than just one more) of content and Phoenix Point will continue to grow and expand.

I for one will pay for year two, three and four content. This is an awesome foundation to build on.

Bring it on.

1 Like

I am just thinking logical. This kind of games can not handle DLC’s as additional content. I wish they somehow include FS inside it but It probably won’t change much at tactical layer, so main game experience won’t be effected by it.

They will probably release 1 or 2 big balance/fix patches to make the game all together for steam launch. They will name other DLC’s and their content too with steam release. I think that those DLC’s will add some after end game content, maybe the last one will be a big expansion… who knows…

2 Likes

I am still surprised that after 2 x DLC we are still fighting the same 5 pandorans, albeit with some slighlty new mutations

5 Likes

Dude, have you traded with heavens before? 100 tech is MASSIVE, thats like 600+ from other materials, plus they give you a secondary material 300, thats nearly a thousand. And its like the smallest place that would tople over by a random fireworm so weak deffense.
But the real bugger is rep gain. I like they nerfed max rep reward, and its okay ish, but they should do the rest.
Thing is late game you dont really need stuff, unless you wanna go overkill, and what they give you deffinetly overkill.

1 Like