HYPE: What do you want out of FESTERING SKIES

Everything is possible and can be creative then any others thinking. A flying unit which can get behind a building is a great weapon of course.

It could be limited by landing. I mean imagine jets but you don’t jump, you just fly to land somewhere.

But as i said it’s limitless. Do we need that? Not so much. Can it be a mutation? Yeah of course…

This game still needs another enemy type at Siren or just lower then siren level. When you count the mutations, It’s a big work load. As we got just a final DLC before steam and Snapshot got big things at their roadmap, we need to want to best and needed ones.

Flying, 2 legged, little Godzilla 2000 type Mutog!!!

As I said before, I would like to fight against “pandoran flying attack drones” on ground… Size of scylla maybe bigger…

1 Like

That actually got me thinking… not all pandorans have mutations. The “structures” (nests, spawnery, etc.) eggs, worms, and most notably the mindfragger. Now I want to see a small little annoying flying enemy spit acid at me, just like in the original xcom. Swarms even! Oh the nightmare!

… but yea all of the other stuff about shooting down "UFO"s akin to the Overlords from StarCraft would be expected, and shooting down large boss-type creatures that you can hunt for something valuable would be neat as well. Behemoths making some sort of return would be nice…

2 Likes

I agree. Nailed it. I would also say being in that flying mode may provide a slight evasion boost. It isn’t like they are frozen completely/entirely static in the air like a target.

Yeah, that’s what I meant by having the flying enemies animation faster so even if you tried to target a specific part of the body, you wouldn’t be able to reliably! Like when tritons are moving while you’re targeting them, but a bit faster and without the part where it’s mostly not moving (all current enemies have this in their animations, a moment where they do not move much).

That’s why a flying siren would be very dangerous, because even if it did not go for cover, you would’ve to drop her entire health bar, as you would not be able to shoot her in the head repeatedly.

2 Likes

Well, total of 5 DLCs were announced and sold, however, you are right in that only first three were named and their content revealed. Season Pass is being sold as containing 5 DLCs, so I think we can safely assume that much will be made.

A while ago UV said that they plan to support PP for at least two years, so hopefully we will still have about a year of PP after the Steam launch.

1 Like

Just to not give you the satisfaction of “I told you so” it seems the first 3 DLC will not be so optional anymore. You still might be right afterall.

EDIT: WRONG! the 3 DLCs don’t include Festering Skies - Living Weapons are treated as 3rd DLCs. Does that mean that Festering Skies won’t make it before Year1 release? It wouldn’t surprise me.

1 Like

On the bright side, “Year One” gives me hope we have at least a couple more years (more than just one more) of content and Phoenix Point will continue to grow and expand.

I for one will pay for year two, three and four content. This is an awesome foundation to build on.

Bring it on.

1 Like

I am just thinking logical. This kind of games can not handle DLC’s as additional content. I wish they somehow include FS inside it but It probably won’t change much at tactical layer, so main game experience won’t be effected by it.

They will probably release 1 or 2 big balance/fix patches to make the game all together for steam launch. They will name other DLC’s and their content too with steam release. I think that those DLC’s will add some after end game content, maybe the last one will be a big expansion… who knows…

2 Likes

I am still surprised that after 2 x DLC we are still fighting the same 5 pandorans, albeit with some slighlty new mutations

5 Likes

Dude, have you traded with heavens before? 100 tech is MASSIVE, thats like 600+ from other materials, plus they give you a secondary material 300, thats nearly a thousand. And its like the smallest place that would tople over by a random fireworm so weak deffense.
But the real bugger is rep gain. I like they nerfed max rep reward, and its okay ish, but they should do the rest.
Thing is late game you dont really need stuff, unless you wanna go overkill, and what they give you deffinetly overkill.

1 Like

Fully agreed. While in Xcom 1994 defeating UFOs was essential, esp. larger ones with higher ranked aliens, here its just complementary. But would even as optional missions, bring back the fun.

I mean, all fractions use ships to attack, only aliens seems to teleport. Its a real loop hole as it is.

2 Likes

I am amazed that Pure and Forsaken dont have bases and bosses yet, since they are best candidates to expand alien variety, and would be nice to grab those shields and heavy head armor (no psy control) without mutations … gimme, gimme :slight_smile:

3 Likes

These are bionic augmentations, it would be weird if you simply can grab them and equip your soldiers with them. Also you only have to research bionics and build the lab to get the same ‘toys’. :wink:

3 Likes

Let’s not think about value all in one resource, and without trading (I’ll explain why below). As I said before, the amount does not buy you much in the sense of equipment. Also, since HDs occur less frequently now, you do get less resources overall.

However since you talked about trading, probably you trade very much, and that’s why you find resources plentiful. Currently trading is an abusable system since you always come out of it winning a bonus if you trade the right resource with the right faction. Doing this repeatedly is also boring, so I choose to not do it much, only if I really am lacking a resource type.

Currently there are 2 major “broken” systems (in the sense that they can be abused indefinitely and with boring repetition): trading and raiding. If you don’t abuse these, you don’t “swim” in resources until endgame, and you do so only if you play very well. However RNG also has its part, so it may be easier or harder depending on it.

3 Likes

That is just game representation. They could be new items as well, simply because new missions with bionics selling alien are introduced in DLC is not good enough excuse for me.

I dislike mutation and augmentation because you loose ability to put item of armor in place. That is all.

I would love to augment or mutate just to add new abilities, that is good.

1 Like

I just don’t want more human or humanoid enemies. Give me aliens, creatures, deep ocean nightmares.

5 Likes

Thanks, paid a lot more attention to cyberlab and augmentations, and voila, we can do it. To mutations too, soldiers can nicely be enhanced. Too bad regeneration of leg mutations does not match Mark of Void damage :slight_smile: And it does not warn you to remove armour first since it replaces it. Now I have shield, psy control immunity, ability to pass goo … :slight_smile:

2 Likes

So I have been thinking about it quite a lot. Earlier in this thread I have argued (very eloquently and accurately I must say :nerd_face:) that Festering Skies can’t be anything substantial and tie closely to previous DLCs as all need to work individually and in any combination.

However, that is no longer the case. While Year One Edition might have been a simple repackaging of existing content for an easier sell, it also ensured that anyone owning PP will have to own all previous content, before buying Festering Skies.

This theory would collapse opf course, if people on Epic who own vanilla or just one DLC might still be able to purchase DLC3 standalone (which could happen - afterall, people who own Valilla plus DLCs, but not season pass, still need to be able to buy DLC3, as they will not be able to upgrade to YOE), but with how cheap YOE upgrade is compared to original DLC pricing, I somewhat doubt it. At least, it seems more likely to me that Snapshot wants people to own all existing content before Festering Skies drops, rather then they just repackaged it as a pure marketing scheme.

2 Likes

Hi, coming for a moment after 6 months. :slight_smile: Festering Skies for sure will have its own systems, and all other content already available in the game will have not much connection to it.

I suppose that it may be that there will be some other aircrafts to accompany dropships, or maybe building to upgrade current aircrafts (just like Cybernetics Lab to mount bionic augmentations on soldiers). There must be mechanism on geoscape to influence already present sites, but I think that sites won’t be able to influence these new mechanics.

And of course something new on tactical can be also fun, but it won’t influence much.

There will be also free game update, but I don’t think it will play any significant role in preparing game for DLC. Rather will balance some things, remove bugs, and maybe introduce some mechanic not connected directly to DLC.

2 Likes

Please, PUT THE FUCKING HITBOX RESOLUTION UP AGAIN!!! HOLY SHIT I DONT GIVE A FUCK ABOUT FPS IF I CANT HIT SHIT!

1 Like