Faction Warfare is genocide

Some people call it a vivid imagination. Some people call it an extremely vivid imagination. And some people just say: “Stavros, shut up…”
I am surprised the third group hasn’t appeared yet :smile:

Just imagination then :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s unlikely everyone was murdered, probably most of them were able to flee and were just scattered.

In RL engagements even major offensives produce usually just a few dozen or hundred actual fatalities. Most combatants retreat or surrender.

Combatants, this is a civilian population that gets removed from the map though and doesn’t show up anywhere else. You don’t have streams of refugees, so I (with that acursed vivid imagination) am looking at something similar to the Rwandan genocide.

It’s really weird the haven isn’t occupied, though. That’s filled with a lot of wealth and resources. Only reason I can think of it is it’s not worth occupying.

It’s a good point the populace may just be scattered… but that is basically a death sentence. Even slavery might be better than surviving out in the monstrous wastes.

End result is the same - fewer survivors in Havens worldwide. So it’s safe to assume that civilians were either killed directly or left to die to pandorans.

I definitely dislike the bloody war of factions either. I’m in the beginning of the game right now, and I hope all the time, there will be some way in game, some tasks or missions for me (for PP) to do something to improve relationships between these 3 factions, to stop their war at least.
The presence of other 3 factions and the diplomatic part of the game is nice and sort of new, I like that part, but also I definitely like to have some way how to keep these factions in peace, fighting against Pandorans, not with each other.
I definitely agree with some other comments. What the hell is motivation for me to try to save the world, if there is only the most aggressive faction left there, because it slaughtered everyone else? In that case such faction looks to me even worse than Pandorans.

3 Likes

Perhaps, the faction gets a decend food bonus for destroying a haven :smiling_imp:

The S in Synedrion stands for Soylent?

3 Likes

You know now where they get all the soap needed to keep their havens so clean.

Fun fact, Synedrion are communists, so “Synedrion” probably stands for “Soviet Union” connected to prefix “sine” meaning china (e.g. sinology) :smiley:

And still Phoenix Point doesn’t get free random recruits turning up at their door.

1 Like

Lol, Synedrion is taken directly from the Greek συνέδριο, which means conference. Jonas, one of the game’s writers is half Greek, and you can see how he decided to use this influence to give the factions some unique flare.

2 Likes

You don’t have to align with the factions.

You can reduce this by one third; New Jericho are fully militarized, with no civilians - everyone has to have a gun to be able to vote. That’s in the game.

EDIT: although what good votes are in a dictatorship is anyone’s guess.

PP doesn’t get their own tech tree. Without joining a faction, you’re denying yourself a lot of content.

1 Like

The devs intended it to be completed that way if the player chooses.
Edit: stealing is an option in this case

Then don’t. Simply steal from them what you need and focus on playing as a stand alone faction

I would prefer the faction system to have some depth, beyond that of a team death match.

1 Like

Thank you dor elaborating - they are still communist tho :smiley:

The diplomacy system is so easy to play with. Simply raid one faction and build diplomacy with the other 2 right from the start. Due to the fact that there will always be 2 factions that hate any one faction, by raiding one faction, you are building diplomacy with the remaining 2. Then continue to do haven with the other two while carefully navigating the narrative encounters, you would be able to fully ally with 1 faction, aligned with another and at war with the final one before month 1 is up. As such, before you go into month 2, you would already have the full research tree of one faction, the given research of another and most of the research from the final faction through your raids ( I focus on research raids).