[COMBAT FEEDBACK] from Ignotus

It’s not the first game trying this, but it’s the only turn based I know, trying it.

I think the concept worth it, but a player option would be wiser. Any comments are about either forcing ironman which this system doesn’t force, either about scaling up and challenge, but such system can as well unexpectedly lower the difficulty.

With reload such system for sure can be a bit frustrating, I had a simple scavenger mission that turned to half disaster by leading a team too close to a Chiron, and got a lot of trouble with enemy AOE close range stunning earthquake. Half of team couldn’t use any weapon, a few was seriously injured, some was bleeding with no more healing pack, I rushed them to exit, finally cleaned the map, mission not ending, moved a soldier close to some structure, a fire worm was hidden inside it (frequent half bug with fire worm throwing), explosion, soldier close dead. Reload, easy mission, end. All the suffering vanished in air in perspective of an auto scaled system.

And no how I play I cannot accept soldier death, very few ok, but not at the frequency of errors or bad luck or lack of knowledge.